Succeeding GNOME 3.38 Will Be "GNOME 40" - Yes, GNOME Forty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by waxhead View Post
    Well, I don't use Firefox much if at all myself. I use SeaMonkey which is the good old Mozilla Suite.
    Thanks for reminding me about SeaMonkey.

I think Mozilla started this integer version system because Google used it for Chrome, and people being people seem to assume high/big number equals older, better tested etc. I had this conversation with a non-technical family member, who flat out told me that Chrome was older and more supported than Firefox because it was already at version 30-something while Firefox was still single digits.

Comment

• Just one more thing in the pile of signs that GNOME have lost touch with what it once was. I gave GNOME 3 some slack in the beginning because as with every rewrite it takes time to reach feature parity, but over time it became clear that was never the objective.

I got fed up with it last year and switched back to KDE. So glad the KDE team still has enough self awareness fix the bad decisions from KDE 4.

Comment

• Lost touch? Biggest laughs in a long time. They are default desktop everywhere it matters. And they keep attracting the right kind of developers. Bonus if they can get rid of the wrong kind of users.
        https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte..._requests/1520

Comment

Working...
        X