Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
    Does Linus use GNOME?
    Yes via Fedora Workstation as seen on the other Linus video built his computer.

Comment

I am currently running Gnome on Fedora 32 (wanted to give it a fair chance), and it's ok for the most part, but than comes a time you want to change something simple, like an entry in the app drawer or a shortcut and you have to either hack it, use 3rd party tool or extension, Then something breaks. And the gnome apps, they sure look cool, but they are so cut-down, good for my girlfriend or grandma who only do simple tasks, but I feel that just about every other DE has better alternatives for advanced users/developers.

I will switch to KDE on Fedora 33 release or go back to KDE or XFCE Manjaro.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
        Now I just need https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte..._requests/1429 for full screen multi monitor gaming!
        I wish these kind of PRs would just get merged into point releases instead of having to wait for a major releases.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post

I wish these kind of PRs would just get merged into point releases instead of having to wait for a major releases.
          They merge really big stuff into point releases these days, look at the delta between 3.36.0 and 3.36.6... So I think it will get merged to 3.38!

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
            New features, performance improvements and convergence improvements are all pretty well documented.

The big effort on GnomeOS release engineering and Debian packaging is not well documented but equally important. Cheers release people!
            Could you expand on GnomeOS? I'm not seeing much news about it. Some links would be helpful.

Comment

I've been using Wayland for a week, had to change a setting in SMPlayer apart from that haven't had any issues yet.. Games work, HDMI to TV works, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by rajcina12 View Post
                I am currently running Gnome on Fedora 32 (wanted to give it a fair chance), and it's ok for the most part, but than comes a time you want to change something simple, like an entry in the app drawer or a shortcut and you have to either hack it, use 3rd party tool or extension, Then something breaks. And the gnome apps, they sure look cool, but they are so cut-down, good for my girlfriend or grandma who only do simple tasks, but I feel that just about every other DE has better alternatives for advanced users/developers.

I will switch to KDE on Fedora 33 release or go back to KDE or XFCE Manjaro.
                As someone who ran Tumbleweed on my daily use systems, KDE support seems solid in Fedora. I've never used the official spin, but installing Plasma as the DE from the everything netinstall image results in a pretty minimal system. It doesn't even install things like kate, okular, or ark which most people probably want. The one thing it does install that I didn't care for was the KDE PIM stuff, but that's easy to remove.

Code:
                sudo dnf remove kf5-akonadi-server
                Everything has been extremely stable across multiple machines. F33 will only be on Plasma 5.19 right around the time 5.20 lands, but so far I have no intention of jumping back to Tumbleweed.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                  The big effort on GnomeOS release engineering and Debian packaging is not well documented but equally important
                  i don't think gnome has relation to debian

Comment

Originally posted by Klassic Six View Post
                    I'm a Fedora user and only thing about 33 release is off is the default wallpaper, it's ugly as hell.
                    beauty is in the eye of the beholder. at least you can easily change wallpaper, or use fullscreen apps

Comment

That's great! Are they supporting flat color desktop backgrounds yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X