Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.38 RC2 Released With Last Minute Changes

Phoronix: GNOME 3.38 RC2 Released With Last Minute Changes

GNOME 3.38 is due for release next week while the second and final release candidate is now available as one last chance for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think you spelled CorporateInterestOS wrong

To be fair, the latest GNOME was almost usable on my hardware from 2015. Still a slideshow but I just have to be patient, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 145Hz View Post

To be fair, the latest GNOME was almost usable on my hardware from 2015. Still a slideshow but I just have to be patient, right?
      It is no longer a slideshow, come on...

Comment

Originally posted by 145Hz View Post

Personal experience can vary, but I find GNOME quite usable on my laptop from 2008. (Still keep it around since it's hard to find a 1920x1200 display nowdays)

Comment

what's new in tracker 3? how does it differ from the older version?

Comment

One thing that has annoyed me about Gnome is it seems install all this Avahi stuff and V4L stuff, yet I don't use any of it. I don't mind Gnome shell at all, I just wish there was a more streamlined option. Maybe I am missing something, but the default install brings in way more than I need.

Comment

Originally posted by rewik View Post

Personal experience can vary, but I find GNOME quite usable on my laptop from 2008. (Still keep it around since it's hard to find a 1920x1200 display nowdays)
              Indeed, I have many complaints about Gnome (and formulate them 😁) but slideshow is not one of them.
              On a 2011 middle range laptop, I can even run it (3.36) with the latest (wonderful but demanding) wobbly windows extension, and it's almost perfectly smooth (and is without wobbly windows or with them on my desktop).

Comment

Working...
              X