KDE Frameworks 5.74 Released With Faster KTextEditor, Many Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5.74 Released With Faster KTextEditor, Many Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.74 Released With Faster KTextEditor, Many Improvements

KDE Frameworks 5.74 is out as the latest monthly update to this collection of KDE libraries complementing the Qt5 tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Meanwhile, a critical 2-year-old bug in the file browsing component that eats your RAM when you have any file-watching going on in your system is still unfixed. Mindblowing.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed.delanight View Post
      Meanwhile, a critical 2-year-old bug in the file browsing component that eats your RAM when you have any file-watching going on in your system is still unfixed. Mindblowing.
      Do you have the URL to the bug report handy?

Comment

I had a similar issue with dolphin, sometimes it eats some CPU while have several tabs open, when I check for logs, it seems that some scp plugin or something like that is running

Comment

Occasionally I got problems with plasmashell, it uses too much CPU when indication things, sometimes there is a spinner or something that simply won't stop. That's nasty, otherwise my KDE experience has been mostly fine (since KDE 3.x). It's a good DE, just needs some occasional fix and polish, but that probably is valid for all DEs and WMs.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Does anyone here use kdeconnect? I've been trying to get it to work on a Linux From Scratch build for a while. I had it temporarily work where I could receive messages, but couldn't send any. Now when I try to pair, it crashes the app. I was using 5.73.0 and plasma5 5.19.5. I'll try building with 5.74.0 to see what happens.
            It does work fine on a Linux mint install (that uses much older versions of both)

Comment

I'm hoping Global Menu Padding Bug has been fixed with this release.

Last edited by hax0r; 12 September 2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                I'm hoping Global Menu Padding Bug has been fixed with this release.

This post is about a new release of KDE frameworks, the collection of libs written atop of Qt from KDE community. This issue you are talking about is related to Plasma, a different project from the KDE community.

Comment

Why does anyone think posting about bugs they’ve encountered here will result in anything. Post a bug report, and if there is a bug report please provide a link when discussing it.

Comment

Originally posted by andreduartesp View Post

This post is about a new release of KDE frameworks, the collection of libs written atop of Qt from KDE community. This issue you are talking about is related to Plasma, a different project from the KDE community.
                    To my knowledge the bug resides in https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/plasma-framework/ and looking at the commits it has been fixed around Aug 31 and should have landed in 5.74.0 release

This MR does a lot, but I've separated things into different commits. Add private/ButtonContent.qml for PC3 Buttons and ToolButtons

Comment

Working...
                    X