Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's New Power-Profiles-Daemon Sees "v0.1" Release

Phoronix: GNOME's New Power-Profiles-Daemon Sees "v0.1" Release

As work that should come together during the GNOME 3.40 cycle, the power-profiles-daemon project has just tagged its "v0.1" inaugural release as part of the work on better power management handling / power profiles easily configurable from the GNOME desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds like KDE PowerDevil, just 12 years too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      Sounds like KDE PowerDevil, just 12 years too late.
      Nah. Stuff like https://extensions.gnome.org/extensi...power-manager/ has existed for a long time. Same for KDE for that matter. This is just the latest iteration

Comment

Be safe, get a laptop with both USB-C charging and a barrel connector. (or no USB-C charging)

This sounds useful to have in the clone desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          Finally. It’s nice to see power management tools that comes with a good design and fits the desktop.
          I'd like to see this integrated in the Budgie desktop as well. Original GNOME turns my laptop experience into a slideshow while Budgie makes it fly.

Comment

Originally posted by 145Hz View Post
            Original GNOME turns my laptop experience into a slideshow while Budgie makes it fly.
            Does it still do that, even after the performance work?
            Honestly I feel like Mutter is faster than KWin by now.... :<

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Does it still do that, even after the performance work?
              Honestly I feel like Mutter is faster than KWin by now.... :<
              Is this a gut feeling? I am not sure that pure window manager performance matters a whole lot by itself. It's about the whole experience including the major applications that counts

Comment

Working...
              X