Wine-Staging 5.16 Begins Adding Patches For Microsoft Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 5.16 Begins Adding Patches For Microsoft Flight Simulator

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 5.16 Begins Adding Patches For Microsoft Flight Simulator

Building off Friday's release of Wine 5.16 as the newest snapshot for running Windows games/applications on Linux and other platforms, Wine-Staging 5.16 is now available as the latest release for this more bleeding-edge version of Wine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

MS Simulator 2020 is reported as Borked in ProtonDB. Any hope would these patches make it work at all now?

Comment

I wish there was an easy way to safely and securely run non-trusted applications on Wine.

Comment

This game is in a iffy state on Windows right now. I would wait a nice discount before buying it, less price, less bugs more optimization.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          This game is in a iffy state on Windows right now. I would wait a nice discount before buying it, less price, less bugs more optimization.
          Except for a single pre-order in the past month, the THPS 1+2 remake, I haven't bought a game for full price in over 10 years. There's so much content out there that I don't mind waiting a year or two and buying the game+all the dlc for 10 or 20 bucks versus the starting price of $80 or $100 for the game with the season pass. Don't know about y'all, but to me a season pass is a big fsck you from the game companies saying "You got two choices because no matter what we're gonna take this complete game and remove content from it. You can either nickel and dime you're way through a DLC list to get the content back or you can spend an extra 50-100% on a gamble to get all the content back al a cart. So what's it gonna be?"

Paradox Interactive: "Season Pass...WTF is a Season Pass "

Comment

I don't know, the logical conclusion to this application is that it has to have plenty of DRM systems to provide the gameplay, especially within the live traffic system. It would basically make the game an "online-only" application (when it comes to that live traffic system).

As speculation goes, you all know how Microsoft like to have a mastodon/grand big ass stone that surrounds it's systems so usually Microsoft applications have a hard time to be adaptive unless the application is reworked from the ground up... again.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              I wish there was an easy way to safely and securely run non-trusted applications on Wine.
              Maybe firejail?

Comment

I wonder if one day we will see stuff like Microsoft Game Pass store working in Linux, would be interesting.

Comment

Why are people supporting companies that are not interested in supporting Linux ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
                    MS Simulator 2020 is reported as Borked in ProtonDB. Any hope would these patches make it work at all now?
                    Well considering that Steam now has the EA Play subscription, Microsoft could bring Game Pass to Steam with an agreement with Valve.

As it is now, though. Game Pass requires the Xbox app and Microsoft Store, which won't work in Wine.

Comment

Working...
                    X