Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMJC
    replied
    More important than the games support, this version of WINE added functions to WINE's RICHED20 implementation. As a result Cisco Jabber for Windows now works on Linux for Audio calls and Text chat, including in Mobile and Remote Access Mode. Important for people working from home due to COVID-19.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
    people using macos really use wine? I have my doubts about that
    who do you think is paying for wine development?

Leave a comment:

• jrdoane
    replied
    Originally posted by pmorph View Post
    Well, most of them probably don't use it.
    I'm a software engineer, I have a 16" MacBook Pro with the Radeon Pro 5600M and I do play some games and the games I do play, I tend to play through Steam, which has the rest of my Steam library. Am I going to play Windows games with Proton? Probably not, but it's nice to have the option. I write software more than I play games, so it's not a big deal. Not to mention the kinds of games I play are like Factorio, but I wouldn't assume that *no* Mac users care. Those that do are probably like me, with hardware that's at least partially up to the task and not something like a MacBook Air.

Leave a comment:

• pmorph
    replied
    I think mac users can't use things like wine, most of them don't have the knowoage
    Well, most of them probably don't use it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_S
    replied

I think mac users can't use things like wine, most of them don't have the knowoage
    MacOS is a hugely popular developer platform, most of my sysadmin and software developer coworkers run Macs. So sure, the gamers among them know and use Wine.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
    >support for avx x86
    Nice! Now is just wait for avx2 support too.
    It is the same registers.

Leave a comment:

• Mario Junior
    replied
    >support for avx x86
    Nice! Now is just wait for avx2 support too.

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    Originally posted by Morty View Post
    Why? Is your doubts becouse you think Mac user mostly are posers not needing much in the way og applications? Or are you under the illusjon that Mac users have all the applications they will ever need om macos?

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• dragorth
    replied
    Not a Mac user anymore, but I did use wine in the form of the different wine bottler formats that are available. There is a huge community working on bottling different games with specific versions of wine and settings/installed software to make the game work.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I think most Mac users use Crossover.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X