Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc_coder_84 View Post
    M@GOid, thank you very much for your easy to understand instructions
    Go back in there, I edited it. The H264hy step is not needed anymore. I thought I had a problem blocking VP9 on the about:config, but that turned out not being a issue.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
      Is nvidia any good with vaapi? Or can libglvnd use the Intel iGPU I have to leverage it instead if the nvidia GPU is the main one? (Sorry I don't have AMD, I have had this hardware for a long time and cannot afford to buy AMD atm, so no need to cast any resentment towards intel/nvidia usage, cheers)

Nothing wrong with being thankful for someone contributing time to benefit everyone else. I assume the dev involved here was paid to do the work, which is still very much welcomed. I often contribute voluntarily to projects and I don't expect thanks, but a little appreciation can go a long way to making ones day

Yo, it's cool when you spot mistakes in the articles for the benefit of others here, thank you.

Reading a stream of replies from you rambling about DE fluff isn't. Just leave it to the trolls and don't feed them. This is about a Firefox release and X11 va-api support arriving, no need to be distracted by DE biases. Gnome is fine, Plasma is fine, hell Windows and macOS are fine, use what you're happy with and if other peoples opinions don't have anything worthwhile to contribute just ignore it kay?

Back on topic please. Lets not derail an article thread again (as seems to be phoronix tradition).
      I'll be honest. I am so tired and disappointed about the fact that the trolls are beginning to be seen as good guys while the rest are being seen as the trolls.
      I wish I didn't respond but I was so annoyed by the fact they are being liked so much. This makes them so trustworthy and it is ruining Phoronix...

Liking is feeding. Whatever, let's move on :l
      Last edited by tildearrow; 25 August 2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

well not working for me, youtubes videos crash every 10 seconds, I need to wait until this improves

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
          well not working for me, youtubes videos crash every 10 seconds, I need to wait until this improves
          at least trunk is working without problems, I will change from chrome and chromium to firefox

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
            look like all of you have no idea what will happend if we lose firefox
            all who know that chromium is open source?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              Many didn't move, due to Wayland session being still bad in KDE. So X11 is still very necessary.
              in regards of firefox needed for kde users i find it amusing that chromium has its roots in khtml

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                Hardware video decode now works with Angle on Chrome 86, and can be enabled from chrome://flags if it was enabled when built, from the text in the code it looks like vaapi might be enabled as default in version 90
                Wait how are you using ANGLE on Linux? Linux doesn't support DirectX, or are you running Chromium under WSL?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                  If it doesn't make an obvious difference that you can actually see, then why would you even care? Just sayin'
                  invisible things could still affect you, like power usage

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                    Also Chromium isn't free in spirit. It's tightly controlled by a single entity, with regular code drops. We don't really have an ability to reject code as by the time we see it, it's already in.
                    who has ability to reject code in firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by fguerraz View Post
                      GPUs can be as power-hungry as CPUs.
                      not for significantly gpu-tailored workload

Comment

Working...
                      X