• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried this:

Code:
    MOZ_LOG="PlatformDecoderModule:5" firefox 2>&1 | grep -i 'VA-API'
    And got:

Code:
    Child 18134: MediaController #2]: D/PlatformDecoderModule DMA-Buf/VA-API can't be used, WebRender/DMA-Buf is disabled
    I set these to true:

Code:
    media.ffmpeg.dmabuf-textures.enabled
    media.ffmpeg.vaapi-drm-display.enabled
    media.ffmpeg.vaapi.enabled
    Do I need anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by phoenk View Post

Many of us have moved on from X11, nothing particularly exciting about Firefox better supporting legacy systems. I'd be just as moved if they improved support on Windows 3.1, for comparison.

Partially serious, but yes I know y'all are still using X11 DEs
      Many didn't move, due to Wayland session being still bad in KDE. So X11 is still very necessary.
      Last edited by shmerl; 25 August 2020, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
        look like all of you have no idea what will happend if we lose firefox
        Same thing that happened when we lost OpenOffice.org and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
          I don't give two fucks about who did it. Open source should not be about fame-hunting for devs, nor it should be about cultist behavior and worshipping false deities for the users.
          A courteous 'Thank you' to a developer who codes a useful feature is warranted, no matter who posts about the work or their motivations in doing so.

And we all know that worshipping false deities is useless. Even worshipping the Flying Spaghetti Monster is useless, and it's real.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Same thing that happened when we lost OpenOffice.org and many others.
            Well, we didn't loose OpenOffice in that sense, as there was already a very productive fork. The same is not true for Firefox. On top of that, I would argue that a browser is a lot more complicated than an office suite. Sure, an office suite should support foreign documents, but for many users reading OpenDocument is good enough. The web is so much more expensive that office documents

Comment

Not really. There's still chromium, which is opensource browser.

Also, what synchronization integrations Firefox supports out of the box? Chromium and Google Chrome support history, bookmarks, passwords synchronization via Google account.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                How can you check if vaapi used used during video playback?
                If it doesn't make an obvious difference that you can actually see, then why would you even care? Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

If it doesn't make an obvious difference that you can actually see, then why would you even care? Just sayin'
                  I like to analyze what's going on.

Comment

Oh I know, global warming, mass hunger and Yellowstone eruption, right?

Comment

hardware accelerated video is rather big and what most Linux users have waited for for half a decade. Absolute killer for battery life and thermals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyCCfZKvOSw

Comment

Working...
                      X