Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Well, Plasma 5.22.3 is out now and it's still not available for wayland.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    "late" != "too late"
    "better late than never"

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    I found the headline confusingly vague, because KDE 4.x already had this in two different places:
    1. KWin's Window Rules allows you to specify "Remember" as a policy for a specific window's geometry and I think this might have been present back in the KDE 3.x series when I came to Linux back around 2002 or 2003.
    2. QWidget has had saveGeometry and restoreGeometry calls since Qt 4.2, which make it trivial for an application to remember its own window positions under a platform like X11 which allows applications to move their windows around.
    A quick glance (I have to get going) over the linked bugzilla bug suggests they're basically making the KDE application boilerplate call KConfig versions of the latter functions.

That said, I do share the concern of the one commenter that I might have to do something like writing a bunch of Window Rules to "Position: Force: Under Mouse" to get the old behaviour back where I want it.
    Last edited by ssokolow; 22 August 2020, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Here's hoping they remember the position when an app crashes, too.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Milhauß
    replied
    Yeah, it's one of the more annoying things about having to use MS Windows at work: that stupid remember your last position and try to reopen there misfeature (firefox does this in an annoyingly innacurate manner, too). It's not like I was planning to use KDE in any case, but here's another reason.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    "late" != "too late"

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    2 or 3 decades too late?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Minor typo (no space):

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    them.This

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by bachchain View Post
    I thought I remembered a discussion a while back about wine with wayland where one of the issues is that wayland doesn't allow specifying exact coordinates for placing windows
    It was this one, I think https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42284. I remember it too! Hope wine-wayland will be followed up soon in mainline too.

Looking forward to get this window positioning soon in Plasma Wayland :-)
    Last edited by R41N3R; 22 August 2020, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bachchain
    replied
    I thought I remembered a discussion a while back about wine with wayland where one of the issues is that wayland doesn't allow specifying exact coordinates for placing windows

Leave a comment:

Working...
X