Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.1 Starts Off With Presentation Improvements, Inclusive Config Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Oh look, they do remember about OpenCL. Can I have a working implementation now?
    No, but you can configure it now using inclusive terms, which makes much warmer on the inside

Comment

People complaining about renaming of "blacklist" are as ridiculous as the SJWs that think the term is inherently racist.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimA View Post
        - I recommend to you not to stop at "whitelist" and "blacklist", but to go ahead and to start a campaign where ALL English phrases with "black" and with a slight negative connotation are removed from our language.
        Way ahead of you: https://source.android.com/setup/con...espectful-code

No more "black", "white", or "grey". No more "black hat". It is "unethical hat". You shall be included. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Denylist sounds so trash!!!

What is the problem with blacklist? IT IS JUST A WORD!!! Nothing racist!!!
          Isn't that great. It never was racist. But every time from now on when someone sees "main", "allowlist", or "denylist" they will be thinking about race and politics. Personally I think this is targeted attempt to fuel racism; maybe in order to destabilize certain country.

Originally posted by xnor View Post
          People complaining about renaming of "blacklist" are as ridiculous as the SJWs that think the term is inherently racist.
          Very well, your name from now on is Cletus. If you complain or call yourself differently on any occasion, then you are racist.
          Last edited by krOoze; 16 August 2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I like to think complaining about renaming is a call to sanity.
            First, blacklist never had anything to do with the sense implied today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackl...ns_of_the_term
            And second, we stopped using "black" to describe ethnicity decades ago, the association is clearly forced today.

This is Y2K craze again: so much energy spent to fix a small, localized problem.

Comment

Originally posted by krOoze View Post

Way ahead of you: https://source.android.com/setup/con...espectful-code

No more "black", "white", or "grey". No more "black hat". It is "unethical hat". You shall be included. Resistance is futile.
              Duh... who complained about redline? Communists? And what was the the problem with man-in-the-middle? Did a woman start to protest that "Hey, I could be a bad person too!"? I guess "dummy" was disrespectful for some inanimate objects and drawings. And "grandfather", now that's the most disrespectful word I've heard in my whole life!

I support substituting master and slave. The rest are... well, I won't say because my opinion would be disrespectful to those who came up with those ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimA View Post
                And what was the the problem with man-in-the-middle? Did a woman start to protest that "Hey, I could be a bad person too!"?
                Funnily enough, it is usually Eve or Mallory.

"man" and "he" is already genderless. E.g. "mankind". So the hypothetical woman would also protest unnecessarily.
                The attempt here is to create word-think. I.e. teaching people to focus on the letters of the word, how it sounds, and whether they like it or not, instead of the substance (and semantics) of the word. It limits the range of human thought. "Orthodoxy is unconsciousness."
                Last edited by krOoze; 16 August 2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

> banned blacklist
                  it's a nice beginning but pls, could you address the elephant in the room?
                  The term OFFICE is mega Raycis! It clearly targets the WASP America that has nice 9-5 office jobs, while discriminate the Black and Latino menoreties who actually do the hard work in the street 🙏!

You should change it to something like LibreWORKPLACE or LibrePRODUCTIONSITE

Comment

I think exactly the same way!
                    I don't think blacklist offends anyone, so I don't think it's a problem, but equally I find it stupid to defend a word.
                    However, I also believe that if these little things will have even a small positive effect on people and prejudices, they are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                      You should change it to something like LibreWORKPLACE or LibrePRODUCTIONSITE
                      Using "libre" is a cultural appropriation. How dare you even suggest it!

Comment

Working...
                      X