Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zico
    replied
    These functions aren't only used in business but also in the consumer part, e.g. SteamOS. Secondly, these functions show us Mutter has a lot of missing compared to Wayland…

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Zico View Post

Yes and no Have you worked in Corpo? I've 500 terminals (kiosk) and 2000 other devices in company. Most are to have the same standard (wallpaper, screensaver). I haven't problem with X.Org Server. Should I waste my time writing an app for Wayland? and check the stability after updating?

Count yourself how many kiosks will change to Wayland now… think before you write anything
    Completely forgotten kiosks existence, didn't see one for a long time... and, in corporations simple lock screen is enough, and turned off display is much better screensaver. So, these features would be useful maybe on 0.01% of computers or less.

Leave a comment:

• Zico
    replied
    Originally posted by kravemir View Post
    Not value-adding features. Just effects for kids, and people with lots of free time they don't know how to use.
    Yes and no Have you worked in Corpo? I've 500 terminals (kiosk) and 2000 other devices in company. Most are to have the same standard (wallpaper, screensaver). I haven't problem with X.Org Server. Should I waste my time writing an app for Wayland? and check the stability after updating?

Count yourself how many kiosks will change to Wayland now… think before you write anything

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Zico View Post
    Gnome (Wayland) still doesn't have Screensaver and Live Wallpaper by default…
    that's all.
    Not value-adding features. Just effects for kids, and people with lots of free time they don't know how to use.

Leave a comment:

• Zico
    replied
    Gnome (Wayland) still doesn't have Screensaver and Live Wallpaper by default…
    that's all.

Leave a comment:

• lorabe
    replied
    A maps developer is not the same as a mutter developer.

Some people may say "they're wasting resources", but if you're taking about red hat... they use their resources quite differently compared with GNOME devs. It's not like they're developing fractal, for example.

Leave a comment:

• bearoso
    replied
    Originally posted by pranav View Post
    Mez' +1 for

I wonder why GNOME devs are wasting time on those apps which NOBODY bothers.
    It's as 144Hz said: "People like to code."

The people writing these applications don't necessarily have the expertise to handle the more technical aspects of the desktop anyway.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by FPScholten View Post

I just simply set the option "Power Off" on pressing the power button, it now immediately displays the confirmation dialog box when pressed. No click required...
    I do that too and treat it as a worst case scenario button. If the system freezes up, acts funny, whatever, I just press the power button and wait about two minutes -- if it doesn't shut down by then I'm probably in a scenario where I can't REISUB or crtl+alt+del my way out of it so I'll likely end up having to hard reset.

Leave a comment:

• FPScholten
    replied
    Originally posted by nranger View Post

That bothered me too. Thankfully another was equally annoyed enough to create the "simpler off menu" extension.
    I just simply set the option "Power Off" on pressing the power button, it now immediately displays the confirmation dialog box when pressed. No click required...

Leave a comment:

• 240Hz
    replied
    Originally posted by leech View Post

Pretty sure Maps is going to be used by the Librem phones / devices.
    All 12 of them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X