Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice / The Document Foundation Generated Around One Million Dollars For 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seem to have raised more money than most FOSS operating systems

I hope they don't waste it entirely on pushing their "cloud" LibreOffice Online monetisation platform alongside their "partners".

There is still a lot of "actual" work to be done. One I would love to see is making it simpler for porters / package maintainers to package. These are often sole efforts done by individuals and from what I have been told, LibreOffice is fairly messy and awkward to package.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      No, that's the version number of the next generation AT-AT, powered by LibreOffice

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

No, that's the version number of the next generation AT-AT, powered by LibreOffice
        I should quit the thread because my competition has decided to say no to compatibility again!

Support uid = Support 144Hz = Support Apple = Support trashing of old hardware that still works!
        Last edited by tildearrow; 12 August 2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
          I hope they don't waste it entirely on pushing their "cloud" LibreOffice Online monetisation platform alongside their "partners".
          How dare they become a self-sustaining project and not rely on donations anymore.

Comment

They seem to have raised more money than most FOSS operating systems
            It's easy to understand why, in GNU / Linux LibreOffice is perhaps the only big open suorce project for office suites, while there are so many distributions!

Comment

Working...
            X