Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 79 Is Ready To Ship With Safeguard On "_blank" Links, More Wayland VA-API Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 79 Is Ready To Ship With Safeguard On "_blank" Links, More Wayland VA-API Work

Phoronix: Firefox 79 Is Ready To Ship With Safeguard On "_blank" Links, More Wayland VA-API Work

Firefox 79.0 isn't scheduled to be formally announced until Tuesday but the release binaries have now hit Mozilla's FTP servers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They should really remove that _blank crap completely.

Comment

Still does not build with latest Rust & Cargo :-/ Ever changing modern stuff, ... well done :-/ https://youtu.be/LPFht5Sl-vE
      Last edited by rene; 27 July 2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Held up by a Rust 1.45 regression and various clang/llvm 10 bugs.

RESOLVED (mh+mozilla) in Firefox Build System - Toolchains. Last updated 2020-11-25.

Not much to do when you have to wait for upstream fixes and releases.

Comment

Is tabnabbing really such a big issue?

Comment

I would expect cross-site scripting controls to prevent cross window talk, unless they were on the same domain in which case I don't see a point... maybe I'll read up on it.

Comment

uid313 insert list of missing features here

Comment

Originally posted by higgslagrangian View Post
                uid313 insert list of missing features here
                Recently Firefox have gotten support for network capture of Server-Sent Events (SSE) in the devtools, that's really nice. Not too long ago it also got support for parsing various protocols in WebSocket messages.

There is no way in devtools to change the prefers-color-scheme media query so it is difficult to develop/debug dark mode.

Another thing missing from Firefox is that there is no way to send messages to service workers from the devtools.

Firefox also lacks support for parts of the WebNotifications API.

Also lacks support for private fields in JavaScript ES6 classes.

I like Firefox, but as a web developer it lacks a lot of functionality.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  and threads with shared memory and atopics.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    I like Firefox, but as a web developer it lacks a lot of functionality.
                    It's not that other browsers are perfect. It's more about one excels in one matter, others in other matter. Try to debug some bigger js in chrome and it will be slow like hell. Developing around CSS grids does work better in FF,...

There are quite some differences, but as I said neither is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                    X