Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enlightenment 0.24.2, Terminology 1.8 Released

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enlightenment 0.24.2, Terminology 1.8 Released

    Phoronix: Enlightenment 0.24.2, Terminology 1.8 Released

    Even without the Samsung OSG support these days, the Enlightenment project continues making nice progress...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...erminology-1.8

  • #2
    I want them to fix the DEFAULT font anti-aliasing... It should look good out of the box.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 07-27-2020, 10:46 PM. Reason: clarify

    Comment


    • #3
      Did anyone manage to start an Enilghtenment Wayland session without systemd?

      Comment


      • #4
        I really like Terminology, although it's only rarely my default simply because on minimal-desktop systems I'm usually Openbox+Xterm, and on "pretty" desktops I'm using Cinnamon (which comes with Gnome Terminal)... the heady days of tweaking every last visual detail from scratch are gone. Now I just aim at what makes my normal workflow as smooth as possible, with as little adjustment as possible.

        I should use it more, really.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
          I really like Terminology, although it's only rarely my default simply because on minimal-desktop systems I'm usually Openbox+Xterm, and on "pretty" desktops I'm using Cinnamon (which comes with Gnome Terminal)... the heady days of tweaking every last visual detail from scratch are gone. Now I just aim at what makes my normal workflow as smooth as possible, with as little adjustment as possible.

          I should use it more, really.
          +1 for openbox + xterm – it's just good old blackbox + rxvt-unicode for me, too ;-) https://youtube.com/renerebe

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            I want them to fix the font anti-aliasing...
            I feel pain in my eyes

            Comment


            • #7
              Used to love Enlightenment (pre E17, before they made the huge changes). Some of the things they were working on for E17 were WAY ahead of their time, but it probably took them too long to sort out the bugs (I remember messing with some of their libraries years back ).

              If they released an enlightenment Ubuntu, I'd probably give it another try again. Lots of potential, but I feel lack of developers are slowing down development

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Auzy View Post
                If they released an enlightenment Ubuntu, I'd probably give it another try again. Lots of potential, but I feel lack of developers are slowing down development
                You won't be the only one. Though I would also love to see some good UI designer and/or graphists bring some cleanup in its eye candy. I know it's a matter of taste, and there has already been some nice improvements, but it's clearly designed as a showcase, not as something usable. You usually want your desktop environment to be out of your sight, not trying to steal the attention of the apps you're running.

                Now the lack of developers, there might be reasons...

                edit: removed link
                Last edited by nabero; 07-27-2020, 08:17 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nabero View Post

                  You won't be the only one. Though I would also love to see some good UI designer and/or graphists bring some cleanup in its eye candy. I know it's a matter of taste, and there has already been some nice improvements, but it's clearly designed as a showcase, not as something usable. You usually want your desktop environment to be out of your sight, not trying to steal the attention of the apps you're running.
                  Have you used it? It doesn't have any more animations that KDE, GNOME, MacOS etc. out of the box. It has shadows just like them. Gradients in buttons/titlebars too like Ubuntu out of the box. If you look at the flat theme its got even less embellishment than many others. The only thing that might be extra is the shine overlay in terminology that makes it have kind of a CRT shine to it. A bunch of themes ship with it out of the box to pick from that don't have that shine. Try using it.

                  Originally posted by nabero View Post
                  Now the lack of developers, there might be reasons... https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened
                  A troll based almost entirely on lies and ignorance. A disgruntled employee if you follow their posts who had an axe to grind. Perhaps it's better to make your own evaluation and look at it? You believe everything you read on the internet?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    I want them to fix the font anti-aliasing...
                    Not this again... You can ADJUST that yourself in E's settings.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X