Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

digiKam 7.0 Open-Source Photo Manager Embraces Deep Learning, Improved HEIF Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get why they use the first 2/3s of that release going on about face recognition but bury their .CR3 support way down the page. In any case .CR3 support is big.

On the other hand I have nearly given up hope on Darktable ever providing support. Because they are using rawspeed instead of libraw they are held hostage by exiv who are spinning their wheels trying to get the spec from Canon while the spec has been reverse engineered for over a year now. I get every one has a right to protect themselves but the fact that Canon isn't going after any one else should help them move on.

Though, until the production camera is actually released, and the full set of freely-licensed samples is contributed to the https://raw.pixls.us/, it won't be merged.

Canon has lost me as a video shooter and it is getting close to the point where they will lose me as a stills shooter as well. The EOS R has turned out to be one of the worst photo/video purchases I have ever made. Wildly over priced, lied about it shooting 4K and I can't work with the CR3 files with out having to convert them to another format.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
      Canon has lost me as a video shooter and it is getting close to the point where they will lose me as a stills shooter as well.
      Well, there's a pretty simple solution out there for this. It's called Nikon.

Comment

Originally posted by waitman View Post
        Looks good. The FreeBSD port should be updated with dependency on ImageMagick7 instead of 6.
        Should be updated to remove dependency on KDE...

Comment

Working...
        X