Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

digiKam 7.0 Open-Source Photo Manager Embraces Deep Learning, Improved HEIF Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digiKam 7.0 Open-Source Photo Manager Embraces Deep Learning, Improved HEIF Support

Phoronix: digiKam 7.0 Open-Source Photo Manager Embraces Deep Learning, Improved HEIF Support

DigiKam 7.0 is out for this KDE/Qt-aligned open-source photography manager solution...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...m-7.0-Released

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The digiKam 7.0 software makes use of deep learning for detecting and recognizing photos within faces.
    Recognizing photos within faces? *giggles*

Comment

I never got the face recognition to work. It detects faces, but not whom they depict =(. Anyone else with this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:

Recognizing photos within faces? *giggles*
        CSI style: what's that photo I see reflected in the glass door reflected in their eye? Oh, it's a photo of the killer's SSN.

Comment

Looks good. The FreeBSD port should be updated with dependency on ImageMagick7 instead of 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post
            I never got the face recognition to work. It detects faces, but not whom they depict =(. Anyone else with this problem?
            Just tried it and it seems to be a massive improvment from 6.4 which I used before. Before, I virtually newer got a correct hit but with 7.0 I immidiately got 100 of corerctly identified faces. Nearly scary

Comment

I wish GNOME have apps like digiKAM or Kdenlive

Comment

Recognizes faces, yet cannot create an HTML album. Why did they drop this? I don't want to upload my photos to proprietary silos.

Comment

Originally posted by kobblestown View Post
                  Recognizes faces, yet cannot create an HTML album. Why did they drop this? I don't want to upload my photos to proprietary silos.
                  A big part of the update focuses on html galleries...? It looks like it's available as a (distributed by default in binary releases) plugin, maybe that's what you are looking for?

The HTMLGallery plugin introduces a new theme named “Html5Responsive”. This theme allows digiKam to generate a photo gallery which is responsive (and should resize itself to display nicely whether shown on a smartphone screen or a desktop computer monitor) using HTML5 and CSS3.
                  Other than that, these days, I tend to automatically upload my pictures to my nextcloud instance. I wish digikam was neatly integrated with it, so that I could browse my remote pictures, tag them, etc. directly from digikam (and maybe sync with nextcloud tags...).

Comment

Originally posted by pininety View Post

Just tried it and it seems to be a massive improvment from 6.4 which I used before. Before, I virtually newer got a correct hit but with 7.0 I immidiately got 100 of corerctly identified faces. Nearly scary
                    How did you do this? Can you put a 1, 2, 3 for me? =) I have thousands of tagged photos but no automatch names for anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X