Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposal Raised For GNOME Software Labeling Its Carbon Cost / Environmental Impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Guys you need to understand who made this initiative. Philip Withnall’s coding and maintainer merits goes way beyond all of yours combined.

Facts about Philip Withnall:
    1) Long term maintainer of glib
    2) Recent performance initiative on Gnome-Software
    3) Recent initiative to extend sysprof profiling capabilities to glib and many other areas

But hey you can safely ignore these facts just like you ignore the basic law of physics causing global warming. Good for you Karens.
    On top of that, it doesn't really matter how you call it. In the end it's an initiative to make software more efficient. But what would the common phoronix forum troll understand about it?

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

From the article "Among the steps for then reducing the environmental cost would be through performance optimizations / fixes, speeding up CI testing..."
      it still says they will be wasting time with giving carbon emissions of the development phase, that's not relevant.

Comment

What a freaking clown. Such useless shit should be banned. This freaking ideology destroys Open Source.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
          As if Gnome devs ever cared about users viewing it as a product.
          This is another proof that they're developing it for themselves and only themselves.
          Time for RedHat to buy Qt I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz
            This is your brain on hormone replacement medication.
            That's the same as saying women can't think straight because of their natural hormones, which is misogynistic bullshit btw.

Also, the guy in question is a cis white male.

Comment

Yes: if the point is to make Gnome better for the user (higher performance, batter life, less bugs). We could argue if this is the best way to accomplish it though.
              No: if this is a way for the ecofascists to get the upper hand over the project.
              My humble opinion: No

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                That's the same as saying women can't think straight because of their natural hormones, which is misogynistic bullshit btw.

Also, the guy in question is a cis white male.
                144hz? No he is not, by his own admittance on this forum.

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...e2#post1147302

And I didnt say anything about women, clearly there is a difference between nature and artificial hormones.

Originally posted by 144Hz
                240Hz Let’s skip the insults a go straight to the facts. KDE is proudly flying the rainbow colors and joined the Earth day
                https://marc.info/?l=kde-community&m...831001&w=1

Oh and first time I saw a guy in a dress at a software conference it was a KDE dev. Let me know if you desire some pictures.
                You are clearly a very mentally disturbed and deranged individual to keep up this trolling non stop for years
                Last edited by 240Hz; 24 July 2020, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
                  144hz? No he is not, by his own admittance on this forum.
                  His word isn't worth shit, he is still a cis white male as per standard internet rules until proof is provided.

there is a difference between nature and artificial hormones.
                  No, and in many cases it's just artificially manufactured "natural" hormones because others have adverse effects on health (like cancer and liver failure and such). It's also a popular treatment for older women btw, as many women bodies tend to go to shit very quickly when going out of the fertile age.

That said, "genderfluids" or "queers" aren't taking hormones, it's a person that does not choose a side and may switch genders from a day to the next, somewhat similar to a what bisex do for sexual preference.
                  Trans people are the ones that take hormones to swap sides.

Comment

aand unapproved post for 240Hz above. vBullettin isn't inclusive enough and is oppressing me

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                      oleid True. It just puzzles me how things can go south like this. It takes zero effort to verify that Philip is smarter and does more coding than all of us. Coming up with crazy out-of-this-world narratives about “woke people” is more effort and also 100% stupid.
                      It takes zero effort to know that you have no clue about how smart everyone could be here (or not be). Stop throwing unsubstantiated assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                      X