GNOME OS Is Taking Shape But Its To Serve For Testing The Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    tildearrow My opinion doesn’t matter. Your opinion doesn’t matter. I’m just pointing out the fact that only GNOME are blessed with Buildstream and Codethink people to do some decent release engineering.
    Doesn't matter what you bless a turd with ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

Comment

I really wouldn't mind having a Gnome OS to do testing and development of things like GTK4 now.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Oh yes, the desktop in where it comes broken by default and you have to fix it (and sometimes needing obscure extensions which will break the next month).

KDE had Neon for ages!
        Again, another user can't barge into KDE threads to bend them into flamewars, but you totally can do the same in GNOME threads because... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
          Wow, so the "honorary editor" starts the thread with an inflammatory "KDE is better than Gnome" post - classy!

Just to quote yourself from the "Ban 144Hz" thread:

Physician, heal thyself...
          It's so funny that he acts like a white knight while talking about paying members. I stopped subscribing because I saw half of the value of this site in its forums and I just wanted to chime in to support the server costs, and that value was gone the moment this became a toy for someone's ego. Perhaps I should just stop lurking here altogether.

Comment

Wish more distros would make use of systemd-boot over grub

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
              Wow, so the "honorary editor" starts the thread with an inflammatory "KDE is better than Gnome" post - classy!

Just to quote yourself from the "Ban 144Hz" thread:

Physician, heal thyself...
              I'm doing exactly what 144Hz did to us in the KDE thread: invade territory.
              Like this is unfair, how come he and his whole clan (uid313 and Alexmitter) party and pee over the KDE thread and we can't?

Comment

(keyboard smash removed)

My girlfriend is giving me a bad day! Enough already!
                <
                Just an innocent question:
                Are a stright man or a le****n ?

Comment

Like this is unfair, how come he and his whole clan (uid313 and Alexmitter) party and pee over the KDE thread and we can't?
                  But you shouldn't worry, there are people with very limited brains, it is more satisfying to ignore than to go down to their level. If for someone Gnome is the Linux desktop par excellence, let them believe it, we know perfectly well that it is not so!

Comment

2 days ago you were going on about "social justice warriors" or whatever. Now Ironically, you're a a keyboard warrior (KW) defending KDE against non-KDE users (which literally has nothing to do with this conversation). Everybody else in the Linux community moved on from DE flamewars 20 years ago.. Get over it mate.. Even the KDE/Gnome developers aren't flaming each other..

I've been using Linux for at least 20 years (Xfree86 + Glide days).. Nobody would consider either desktop broken by default, and the usability of each tends to come down to the quality of the QA by the distribution. Gnome had good wayland support first, but KDE has plenty of interesting features (they basically wrote the book on compositing). Even Linus has shuffled between DE's, and I'm willing to bet the Xorg team does too... It's actually good both DE's went down totally different paths too, because there are more options for users now.

Really not sure why anyone would consider this a bad thing, as it helps Gnome to help optimise their user-experience and rely less on distributions to do so for them, and some of these benefits will likely trickle down to many KDE users too.

Maybe the endgame in a decade might be to eliminate some of the distributions overall, and I have no problem with that, if the end result is efficient, fast and usable. Even if this project is used only for testing, more testing of testing snapshots is good..
                    Last edited by Auzy; 23 July 2020, 04:46 AM.

Comment

(keyboard smash removed)

My girlfriend is giving me a bad day! Enough already!
                      What the heck I should be doing my job but no! I skipped the damn title like always! :<
                      everything alright with you? You seem to be a bit distracted

Comment

Working...
                      X