Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 5.13 Comes With 669 Patches Atop Upstream Wine

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 5.13 Comes With 669 Patches Atop Upstream Wine

Riding off Friday's Wine 5.13 release, an updated Wine-Staging is now available coming with 669 patches atop the code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael I think you may have caught yourself time traveling while writing your articles with
    While the recent trend of Wine-Staging has to lighten it up as more patches are getting upstreamed,
    I think you meant that the "recent trend of wine-staging is to lighten it up" or "the recent trend of wine-staging has been to lighten it up"

Comment

Originally posted by WizardGed View Post
      Michael I think you may have caught yourself time traveling while writing your articles with I think you meant that the "recent trend of wine-staging is to lighten it up" or "the recent trend of wine-staging has been to lighten it up"
      Ughhhhh....

I literally have little time after all of this!
      I cannot even handle everything at the same time... *sighs*
      My projects... my girlfriend... my server.... ughhhh... too much already! :<

Comment

Wine staging is still broken for Warcraft 3 Reforged (and probably other battle.net games) had to go back to 5.10 for full functionality. Staging 5.11 worked with the game but didn't let me install WoW.

Comment

Nice to see them working towards supporting the Assassin's Creed games. I wonder if performance will be better with DXVK on Linux, than on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
            Wine staging is still broken for Warcraft 3 Reforged (and probably other battle.net games) had to go back to 5.10 for full functionality. Staging 5.11 worked with the game but didn't let me install WoW.
            Even after the specific fixes for the Blizzard Launcher in 5.13?

Comment

Originally posted by monty11ez View Post

Even after the specific fixes for the Blizzard Launcher in 5.13?
              Yes, that's why I posted the message - the Battle.net app has never stopped working though

Comment

FireBurn For me, since 5.0 version, it seems like one step forward two backwards with WINE, some other DX9 games got broken as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Yes, that's why I posted the message - the Battle.net app has never stopped working though
                  In case you are using Arch, the issue is that wine needs to be compiled with mingw installed, which only comes in the form of an AUR package.

Comment

I'm using Gentoo, I compile DXVK with mingw, didn't see any errors or warnings about compiling wine-staging. Got any more details?

Comment

Working...
                    X