No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.0 RC2 Released For This Vulkan-Supported Open-Source Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.0 RC2 Released For This Vulkan-Supported Open-Source Office Suite

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.0 RC2 Released For This Vulkan-Supported Open-Source Office Suite

Ahead of the official release expected in early August, the second release candidate of LibreOffice 7.0 is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bet I still can't insert date and time as text, but at least it draws my toolbar at 10000 fps using Vulkan. Exactly what I need from a text editor.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      I bet I still can't insert date and time as text, but at least it draws my toolbar at 10000 fps using Vulkan. Exactly what I need from a text editor.
      Performance on LibreOffice has been desired for years.
      I hope they tackle that soon afterwards.

Insert uid promoting Microsoft Office here.

Comment

You do know that Vulkan isn't just for graphical fidelity right? It has other features that can speed up mathematical functions as well. In theory it can use the GPU instead of CPU for all calculations.

Comment

LibreOffice does not contain any text editor.
          LibreOffice Writer is not a text editor, it is a word processor.
          GNU nano, gedit, kate, vim, emacs are text editors.

Comment

Michael , we want performance comparisons!
            You have performance tests related to LO, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
              Michael , we want performance comparisons!
              You have performance tests related to LO, right?
              No tests of the GUI performance, just one benchmark of the export performance for a doc to PDF or so.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                LibreOffice does not contain any text editor.
                LibreOffice Writer is not a text editor.
                I use LO Writer as a text editor all the time, it has more features than Kate or QtCreator.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

I use LO Writer as a text editor all the time, it has more features than Kate or QtCreator.
                  So you use LibreOffice to modify a config file? This is what people are referring to.

Text editor != word processor

Edit: well, I guess you can save as .txt, but that's really going out of your way, IMO.
                  Last edited by higgslagrangian; 18 July 2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Load up a large table (at least 5 col x 10 rows) in at least 10 pages of an LO Writer document, type (legit) stuff in every cell with advanced formatting like bullets and tabs, and watch how Writer becomes completely unusable with the text input even garbling itself.

Useless trash. I get more work done on Microsoft 365 Online with the same time spent on fighting with LO.

Comment

Working...
                    X