Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 5.13 Released - Fixes 15 Year Old Bug To Support Windows NT INI Files To Registry Re-Mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.13 Released - Fixes 15 Year Old Bug To Support Windows NT INI Files To Registry Re-Mapping

Phoronix: Wine 5.13 Released - Fixes 15 Year Old Bug To Support Windows NT INI Files To Registry Re-Mapping

Wine is out with its latest bi-weekly development summer blend for running Windows applications and games on Linux and other platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How many years until Wayland support? 10?

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
      Are you aware that Wine is open source? It means you can implement it as soon as you want to.

Comment

Comment

It is currently possible with this branch, https://github.com/varmd/wine-wayland. Though it is limited to Vulkan (including DXVK).

Comment

Experimental Wayland support is already there. Not ready for actual daily use yet, but it's coming.

Comment

Yesterday Fedora updated it's distribution of wine (staging) in the official repo from 5.10 to 5.12 and it completely broke for me. Nothing runs anymore. Anyone else having the same problem?

For now I'm resorting to running any windows programs on proton or Lutris' wine distributions. Glad to have many alternatives nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by mastermind View Post

Are you aware that Wine is open source? It means you can implement it as soon as you want to.

Deja vu. Good one, a classic.

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
                Yesterday Fedora updated it's distribution of wine (staging) in the official repo from 5.10 to 5.12 and it completely broke for me. Nothing runs anymore. Anyone else having the same problem?

For now I'm resorting to running any windows programs on proton or Lutris' wine distributions. Glad to have many alternatives nowadays.
                I pulled it down but haven't really used it. They had problems with .11 which is why that wasn't made available so maybe they missed something or maybe wine has a regression for you.
                Last edited by ix900; 17 July 2020, 08:36 PM.

Comment

How many years until NVIDIA have wayland support? hmmm, majority of gamers still use NVIDIA cards, even under Linux.
                  If we want a full shift to wayland, then support for the hardware needs to happen. (I'm aware nvidia is to blame here)

Comment

Ten years is how long until it works for the average GNU/Linux user. Add another 15 years for working with wine.

Comment

Working...
                    X