Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Konsole Continues Seeing New Features

Phoronix: KDE's Konsole Continues Seeing New Features

In recent months KDE's Konsole terminal emulator has been seeing a lot of new features while even more are in the works...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, but feature that I still miss to use it as my daily term app :
    - wrap lines on resize
    - fix tab name (not overwritten by split focus change). I don't understand why feature is available on Yakuake but not in Konsole...

Comment

So finally text reflow— oh no, never mind.
      I guess it's still gnome-terminal even on KDE...

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
        What exactly is the use case (raison d'être) for having broadcasting in Konsole?
        Running the same commands on a bunch of remote sessions, or local sessions logged in to different accounts.

Comment

I am not denying that there exists a person who will use the new Konsole broadcasting feature at least once per his/her lifetime, but is the "market share" of users who will be using broadcasting at least once per day larger than 0.001%?
          I suspect the use case is an admin that is performing an action on a rack of servers.

Comment

what’s about > screen -x command ? for the terminal broadcasting ? it will work everywhere not only in Konsole

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post
              So finally text reflow— oh no, never mind.
              I guess it's still gnome-terminal even on KDE...
              Or Deepin Terminal if you want to stick with Qt apps.

Comment

I am not denying that there exists a person who will use the new Konsole broadcasting feature at least once per his/her lifetime, but is the "market share" of users who will be using broadcasting at least once per day larger than 0.001%?
                I would be one of that .001%. I daily have 30+ remote sessions open with nodes I manage in a data-center.

Comment

You clearly never had to do software maintenance on more than a couple machines.

Comment

Originally posted by FishB8 View Post

I would be one of that .001%. I daily have 30+ remote sessions open with nodes I manage in a data-center.
                    I like to use ClusterSSH for that. What do you use?

Comment

Working...
                    X