Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Konsole Continues Seeing New Features

Phoronix: KDE's Konsole Continues Seeing New Features

In recent months KDE's Konsole terminal emulator has been seeing a lot of new features while even more are in the works...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...E-Konsole-2020

Nice, but feature that I still miss to use it as my daily term app :
    - wrap lines on resize
    - fix tab name (not overwritten by split focus change). I don't understand why feature is available on Yakuake but not in Konsole...

Comment

So finally text reflow— oh no, never mind.
      I guess it's still gnome-terminal even on KDE...

Comment

What exactly is the use case (raison d'être) for having broadcasting in Konsole?

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post
          What exactly is the use case (raison d'être) for having broadcasting in Konsole?
          Running the same commands on a bunch of remote sessions, or local sessions logged in to different accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by FishB8 View Post
            Running the same commands on a bunch of remote sessions, or local sessions logged in to different accounts.
            I am not denying that there exists a person who will use the new Konsole broadcasting feature at least once per his/her lifetime, but is the "market share" of users who will be using broadcasting at least once per day larger than 0.001%?

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

I am not denying that there exists a person who will use the new Konsole broadcasting feature at least once per his/her lifetime, but is the "market share" of users who will be using broadcasting at least once per day larger than 0.001%?
              I suspect the use case is an admin that is performing an action on a rack of servers.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
                I suspect the use case is an admin that is performing an action on a rack of servers.
                If there is a bug in the command-line then the buggy command-line will execute on all the servers in the rack.

Comment

what’s about > screen -x command ? for the terminal broadcasting ? it will work everywhere not only in Konsole

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post
                    So finally text reflow— oh no, never mind.
                    I guess it's still gnome-terminal even on KDE...
                    Or Deepin Terminal if you want to stick with Qt apps.

Comment

Working...
                    X