GNOME Shell + Mutter 3.37.3 Are Out Roaring With Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    And linking personal preferences and workflows to IQ is the killer. Utmost arrogance.
    Your reading or comprehension skills are not very good, HE SAID: "the touchpad on the device sucks ball" so it's not MY personal preference in this example to use the keyboard, he says the touchpad on this device he was talking about "sucks balls" when you then say but I want to use a input device that "sucks balls" and get angry when it's bad to use it, then we are at a level of a person that hits himself in the face and you have to say "don't hit yourself". And I think it's fair to assume somebody that whines about hitting himself and try to blame somebody else for hitting them self, that their IQ is not to high.

Also you are nearly like this extreme right people always the victims and can't take some banter... my gosh what snowflakes, well I should not wonder learned that >90% of IT people in the US are SJWs... so why am I surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

Your reading or comprehension skills are not very good, HE SAID: "the touchpad on the device sucks ball" so it's not MY personal preference in this example to use the keyboard, he says the touchpad on this device he was talking about "sucks balls" when you then say but I want to use a input device that "sucks balls" and get angry when it's bad to use it, then we are at a level of a person that hits himself in the face and you have to say "don't hit yourself". And I think it's fair to assume somebody that whines about hitting himself and try to blame somebody else for hitting them self, that their IQ is not to high.
      My reading comprehension is absolutely fine. Here's what he said:

While every person with a IQ higher than their body temperature would try to use the thing that "sucks balls" as little as possible and just press the "super key" instead, and then instead of using the grid menu just type 2 3 letters of the program name you want to use and press enter.
      He's without a doubt linking the fact of not using the super key (personal preference or workflow) with a lower than 37 IQ (or ± 100 if in Fahrenheit although it doesn't change anything to my point).

I explained it can be faster and more convenient to use the mouse depending on your workflow. But then again, you have to be open-minded to acknowledge (I didn't say agree with) this.

Also you are nearly like this extreme right people always the victims and can't take some banter... my gosh what snowflakes, well I should not wonder learned that >90% of IT people in the US are SJWs... so why am I surprised?
      I'll skip the ranting bits. It's hard to understand your grammar and lack of punctuation... Just know that I'm not American but European and English is not my mother tongue.

You're saying "Forget your workflows and preferences to learn the single version of the keyboard-centric workflow truth, Gnome has rightfully decided what's best for everyone".
      I'm saying "Everyone has a different workflow (each being just as valid as anyone else's) and Gnome should in some way adapt to that" (which it doesn't for trivial things without the need for many extensions).

I'm on the In medio stat virtus train while you clearly are the extremist here.
      Last edited by Mez'; 10 July 2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

My reading comprehension is absolutely fine. Here's what he said:
        First of all learn to link the correct quote else I can't read your mind on what you referring to, you quoted me then said "here is what he said" so you wanted to quote him but then failed or you make just no sense at all.

Or do you quote me, but tell me that "he" said something, meaning me? and then you try to criticize my English? And then you complain about my manners for criticizing me for not having perfect English skill... the irony is big in you.

Comment

blackiwid I don't think that making a mistake with a quote is important as your poor writing skills.
          I mean no offense, but your posts have to be deciphered. You should at least check them before posting them

Comment

If that's all you got for arguments... I won't go down that road. There's no solid ground there.
            Ah, so you can call me a "yesman" but I can't call you out on your bullshit. Talk about double standards.

I started with DOS then Windows 3.11, and am now using Gnome Shell and Budgie. Please tell me where the similarities are. I have adapted to many DEs in between, your point is moot once again. Please don't use expressions you can't make use of.
            You shouldn't be calling people out when your reading comprehension is so poor. I said "program your own computer," not drag a mouse around and click stuff on a graphical environment. Did you know people were using computers before graphical interfaces were invented? Shocking I know. Imagine how much better your life would be if your IQ weren't in the single digits.

It's extendable. Not customizable. Customization is what you can do without the need for extensions.
            May I remind you there is litterally nowhere in Gnome by default pointing to where and how you get/install extensions. If you don't read on the subject by yourself, you won't know. By default, you can't theme, you can't have desktop icons (which I don't use, but it's still a must have in any DE), you can't get rid of that idiotic central position for the clock, you can't get the dock to stick, you don't get a system tray or app indicators, you can't change that stupid "Activities" word. You can't have a top bar on each screen. All trivial things. List is non exhaustive, I'm at work, it's just off the top of my head.
            Gnome Tweaks has never been a dependency and this issue has been highlighted by the upgrade to 3.36 for which Gnome-shell-extensions-prefs is a requirement (but not a dependency, really dumb). After upgrade to 3.36, everyone thought their extensions configuration app was broken and many bugs were reported. Because the Gnome devs are so much in their own bunker they don't deem necessary to notify the user of such important changes. Our eternal omniscience should make us aware of it at any moment in time, I suppose.
            Guess what, built-in customization also has a maintenance burden. Are you going to help testing all of the available options for functionality, regressions, crashes...? I doubt it. All you people do is argue endlessly about "the UNIX way" or how this or that piece of software sucks. Put your code where your mouth is. There are countless ways to help a project and your dull, self-indulgent drivel is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
              blackiwid I don't think that making a mistake with a quote is important as your poor writing skills.
              I mean no offense, but your posts have to be deciphered. You should at least check them before posting them
              Just attacking people for writing skills that aren't that bad, or show me a few sentences that are so bad that it's impossible to understand, seems a bit weak? So all I hear is "you are not nice" or "your writing skills are not good" which is completely off-topic. I could have the most horrific writing skills and be the biggest dick on the planet and still be right.

I also find it funny that I clearly see that you are a gnome hater, just googled your username seeing you somewhere else bitching about gnome on some blog, and then you say my writing skills are bad, so chances are you would be totally fine with my writing skill, if I would not just happen to have a different opinion and that is the only attack vector you could think of.

also he cited to me apparently "me" in form of "he" and that is less bad writing than my maybe minor problems with gramatic or stuff. This forum is equivalent to talking, you type like you would talk. Are you also so critical on I don't know snapchat or something? The primary purpose of language is to communicate and understand each other, I think that worked out.

Comment

And meanwhile I'm happily using Gnome 3, currently surfing the web

Comment

Just attacking people for writing skills that aren't that bad, or show me a few sentences that are so bad that it's impossible to understand, seems a bit weak? So all I hear is "you are not nice" or "your writing skills are not good" which is completely off-topic. I could have the most horrific writing skills and be the biggest dick on the planet and still be right.

I also find it funny that I clearly see that you are a gnome hater, just googled your username seeing you somewhere else bitching about gnome on some blog, and then you say my writing skills are bad, so chances are you would be totally fine with my writing skill, if I would not just happen to have a different opinion and that is the only attack vector you could think of.

also he cited to me apparently "me" in form of "he" and that is less bad writing than my maybe minor problems with gramatic or stuff. This forum is equivalent to talking, you type like you would talk. Are you also so critical on I don't know snapchat or something? The primary purpose of language is to communicate and understand each other, I think that worked out.
                  Phoronix: GNOME Shell + Mutter 3.37.3 Are Out Roaring With Better Performance Released on Tuesday was GNOME 3.37.3 but missing the mark in time for that proper milestone were the all important GNOME Shell and Mutter components. But a few hours past the mark, they were released and come with some big changes...

In this post I've to read every sentence twice to properly understand it, and I'm quite confident in my comprehension skills.
                  Yes, I made 2 comments under one post from one Gnome blog.
                  Here: https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2020/...tion/#comments
                  You should read the other comments, they were much more interesting than mine, specifically this one expressed what annoyed me in that post: https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2020/...#comment-25645
                  However I really don't hate Gnome, in fact I used it for years. I just miss how much I enjoyed it years ago.

PS: You should see what I wrote in the Qt blog and how they downvoted my comment :'D
                  PPS: And I work with Qt and enjoy using it

Comment

First of all learn to link the correct quote else I can't read your mind on what you referring to, you quoted me then said "here is what he said" so you wanted to quote him but then failed or you make just no sense at all.

Or do you quote me, but tell me that "he" said something, meaning me? and then you try to criticize my English? And then you complain about my manners for criticizing me for not having perfect English skill... the irony is big in you.
                    No mistake, I was replying to you as we were discussing what you said. Then I put a quote of what you wrote so that I could highlight it again. It was the subject of our discussion, hence it was relevant. I said "he", but I was of course referring to you. Don't know what you can't understand in there.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post

Ah, so you can call me a "yesman" but I can't call you out on your bullshit. Talk about double standards.
                      With some elaboration, it could have been interesting, but you are too narrow-minded.
                      And I have never written any bullshit, thanks.

You shouldn't be calling people out when your reading comprehension is so poor. I said "program your own computer," not drag a mouse around and click stuff on a graphical environment. Did you know people were using computers before graphical interfaces were invented? Shocking I know. Imagine how much better your life would be if your IQ weren't in the single digits.
                      There's not much there, Mr. obvious, trying to explain history without knowing his audience. I didn't call you on the "program your own computer" bit as I see little relevance on the discussion. This is a subject you're trying to bring but that has no interest to me.

Regarding IQ references, it's always been the argument of the weaks and narrow-minded, trying to justify their lack of debate skills by an arbitrary number for which they basically have no clue about. You must have some inferiority complex there.

Guess what, built-in customization also has a maintenance burden. Are you going to help testing all of the available options for functionality, regressions, crashes...? I doubt it. All you people do is argue endlessly about "the UNIX way" or how this or that piece of software sucks. Put your code where your mouth is. There are countless ways to help a project and your dull, self-indulgent drivel is not one of them.
                      Well, again, you just have no clue and you're never far away from an insult to try to give some power to your moot points. Are you always that aggressive when you can't follow an argumentation properly?

The only thing I could agree with you on and of which I'm very well aware is the maintenance burden of configurability. In theory.
                      But in practice, I'm not asking to integrate every Gnome extension, I'm just asking for basic stuff (persistent dock, desktop icons for those who use them, moving the clock, changing "Activities" name, disabling the lock screen). Just trivial stuff usually offered y other DEs. Also, many Gnome devs are working in parallel on Gnome apps that are reinventing the wheel and used by 22 people while there are much better alternatives, these resources better allocated would definitely compensate the maintenance burden. Therefore, I don't believe it's so much of a problem in practice.

I'm reporting bugs on a frequent basis for different pieces of software on Linux. And I define use cases for a living. So yeah, I might complain a bit as Gnome orientation is a disappointment to me by the day, but I'm doing my part enough to know why my drivel is not coming from nowhere. For the rest, you're mixing me with other people, as I'm a happy Linux user for years and only complain about a couple of stuff while commenting positively and rejoicing for dozens of other apps or novelties.
                      Anyway, just keep your hand in the sand, it's not like you're ever going to pay attention to anything that gets out of you narrow way, so we will not make any progress in the discussion with people like you. Hence, I'm done.
                      Last edited by Mez'; 11 July 2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X