Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.0 RC1 Is Out For Testing This Skia+Vulkan Open-Source Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wdb974
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Yeah.

What matters is the heart. Not the body. :l
    What actually matters is the soul! (Hoping someone will get the reference!)

Leave a comment:

• Girolamo_Cavazzoni
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Well, LibreOffice is more than Writer, its also Sheets and stuff, and I think Sheets is probably the most useful of all LibreOffice applications. That said, Microsoft Excel is way nicer than LibreOffice Sheets.

Microsoft Excel looks pretty, feels modern, its smooth, while LibreOffice Sheets looks ugly, oudated, and clunky.
    I can't help it, but MS Office (at least Word, Excel, Powerpoint) feel pretty laggy to me. The appearanve of glyphs is always trailing my input by mere fractions of a second - quite noticably. I feel less productive using it (which I truly am at work where I have to use MS software). Add to this this bs interface - I find myself more clicking for the needed tool button tab thingy than actually write.

LibreOffice let's me choose how to fight: menu bar, tool bar, side bar, modern thingy bar etc.

Leave a comment:

• NotMine999
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Because I don't trust other people's modifications.
    There are a few versions out there that come with hundreds of updates and modifications, but I don't want to start from those.
    I want to start from scratch, from the original Windows 7 with SP1 and then apply manually just a few updates like for spectre, meltdown, platform update and that's it.
    Hopefully those don't have spyware.
    I don't want a ton of updates to fix things I didn't see broken and potentially introduce a lot of spyware.
    That's the best you can offer ... no specifics other than "I don't want..." It figures.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    I'm a (heterosexual) guy and I disagree with your stance.
    I'm a cis white male and I disagree with your disagreement

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Wait a minute. So first, you're burning LO to the ground and now you're saying you like part of LO? What's wrong with you, man?
    Well, LibreOffice is more than Writer, its also Sheets and stuff, and I think Sheets is probably the most useful of all LibreOffice applications. That said, Microsoft Excel is way nicer than LibreOffice Sheets.

Microsoft Excel looks pretty, feels modern, its smooth, while LibreOffice Sheets looks ugly, oudated, and clunky.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    Softmaker Office is so good now there's really no need to have to run MS Office in a vm or on wine any longer.
    I fully agree with you, but the FOSS enthusiasts will disagree :/

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    this is propaganda written by ugly girls and I reject it

Not everyone needs to be a sex bomb but you need some level of decency in the body too, men/women/attack helicopters.
    I'm a (heterosexual) guy and I disagree with your stance.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    Am I the only person wiht copy paste issues in Libreoffice?
    I guess so, 'cause most of the rest of the Linux community thinks LO is the holy grail that can't have any issues or do anything wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I think LibreOffice Calc is quite nice, because spreadsheets you know.
    Wait a minute. So first, you're burning LO to the ground and now you're saying you like part of LO? What's wrong with you, man?

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post
    I'm glad LibreOffice continues to be updated, for those few occasions that I actually need a nicely formatted doc. Other than that I try to avoid using it. Text files created with Vim that I can grep are a lot simpler and useful to me.
    I'm glad LibreOffice continues to be updated, for those occasions that I actually need a perfectly formatted doc. Other than that for simpler doc files with more leeway on the formatting side I can create them with MS Word.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X