Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.0 RC1 Is Out For Testing This Skia+Vulkan Open-Source Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Wait a minute. So first, you're burning LO to the ground and now you're saying you like part of LO? What's wrong with you, man?
    Well, LibreOffice is more than Writer, its also Sheets and stuff, and I think Sheets is probably the most useful of all LibreOffice applications. That said, Microsoft Excel is way nicer than LibreOffice Sheets.

Microsoft Excel looks pretty, feels modern, its smooth, while LibreOffice Sheets looks ugly, oudated, and clunky.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
      I'm a (heterosexual) guy and I disagree with your stance.
      I'm a cis white male and I disagree with your disagreement

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Because I don't trust other people's modifications.
        There are a few versions out there that come with hundreds of updates and modifications, but I don't want to start from those.
        I want to start from scratch, from the original Windows 7 with SP1 and then apply manually just a few updates like for spectre, meltdown, platform update and that's it.
        Hopefully those don't have spyware.
        I don't want a ton of updates to fix things I didn't see broken and potentially introduce a lot of spyware.
        That's the best you can offer ... no specifics other than "I don't want..." It figures.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Well, LibreOffice is more than Writer, its also Sheets and stuff, and I think Sheets is probably the most useful of all LibreOffice applications. That said, Microsoft Excel is way nicer than LibreOffice Sheets.

Microsoft Excel looks pretty, feels modern, its smooth, while LibreOffice Sheets looks ugly, oudated, and clunky.
          I can't help it, but MS Office (at least Word, Excel, Powerpoint) feel pretty laggy to me. The appearanve of glyphs is always trailing my input by mere fractions of a second - quite noticably. I feel less productive using it (which I truly am at work where I have to use MS software). Add to this this bs interface - I find myself more clicking for the needed tool button tab thingy than actually write.

LibreOffice let's me choose how to fight: menu bar, tool bar, side bar, modern thingy bar etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Yeah.

What matters is the heart. Not the body. :l
            What actually matters is the soul! (Hoping someone will get the reference!)

Comment

Working...
            X