Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.0 RC1 Is Out For Testing This Skia+Vulkan Open-Source Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting update! Skia and Vulkan will hopefully make it a lot snappier and responsive.

Comment

Danny3 thank god windows 7 is open source and you can research everything about it.

Comment

There is a push to integrate Python as a key scripting language for LibreOffice. Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post
          I'm glad LibreOffice continues to be updated, for those few occasions that I actually need a nicely formatted doc. Other than that I try to avoid using it. Text files created with Vim that I can grep are a lot simpler and useful to me.
          I'm using the LO output filter "Flat XML ODF Text Document (.fodt)", which is an uncompressed XML-representation of the document.
          Yes, it is larger because it is formatted text and XML and not compressed, yes
          But it's cleartext: I can diff it, I can grep it and that's worth something to me and git is also happier.

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

I'm using the LO output filter "Flat XML ODF Text Document (.fodt)", which is an uncompressed XML-representation of the document.
            But it's cleartext: I can diff it, I can grep it and that's worth something to me and git is also happier.
            That's so true...

And as it's text (and XML) you can apply some other operations like text substitutions in the same batch process while you are processing conventional text files.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post
              I'm glad LibreOffice continues to be updated, for those few occasions that I actually need a nicely formatted doc. Other than that I try to avoid using it. Text files created with Vim that I can grep are a lot simpler and useful to me.
              Well, LibreOffice is more than LibreOffice Writer, it Calc, Impress, and Draw.
              I think LibreOffice Calc is quite nice, because spreadsheets you know.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313
                It was merely an analogy though, I am not comparing women to an application software
                You contradicted yourself in just 15 words. Impressive.

Comment

Am I the only person wiht copy paste issues in Libreoffice?

Besides I have tried OnlyOffice - this one is really lean. and at the moment I prefer it over Libre office. Seems to be bloated and has some issues. Just not smooth yet.

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

How diffable are automatically regenerated xml dumps? Can you really use them in a meaningful way to do change control? My last experiments with MS Office XML a few years back were pretty disappointing, but I'd be interested in your experiences with Libreoffice maybe even in a QMS environment ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post

Pervert.
                      Objectifying women.
                      Yeah.

What matters is the heart. Not the body. :l

Comment

Working...
                      X