KDE Starts July With More Fixes, More QML'ing In The System Settings Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Starts July With More Fixes, More QML'ing In The System Settings Area

Phoronix: KDE Starts July With More Fixes, More QML'ing In The System Settings Area

KDE developers remain very active with improving this open-source desktop environment even amid the coronavirus pandemic...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The "Add a Comment" points to the forum instead of the thread directly.

I'm really happy to see the Krunner-Bug fixed, was kind of annoyed by this for the last months ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
      The "Add a Comment" points to the forum instead of the thread directly.
      That tends to happen for the first 10-ish minutes after an article goes live. Hopefully the server upgrade will help.

Copy location is a feature I could have used in the past so that's a very welcome addition.

Comment

Speed improvements for KRunner?

Amazing! I hope this allows us to be on par with the other desktops, where typing a letter immediately starts searching.

Comment

1 letter searching is bloat.

Comment

Their latest KDE Neon iso with latest plasma and shit is based on Ubuntu 18.04 which is way too old.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              Their latest KDE Neon iso with latest plasma and shit is based on Ubuntu 18.04 which is way too old.
              20.04 in test now

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                Yeah, I loved that distro for how it ships the latest Qt+KDE, couldn't stand it for how old everything else is.
                I hoped for a while LTS was something temporary, until they get the hang of things, but swiftly moved on when I realized that's not the case.
                Still, Neon does one thing right and that's showing the world just how bad Kubuntu really is (apparently it doesn't even deactivate Ubuntu stuff that's not needed in Kubuntu - maybe things have picked up in the meanwhile).

Comment

Just hope they have fixed Konsole again so it doesn't complain about multiple tabs on logout.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

[...] apparently it doesn't even deactivate Ubuntu stuff that's not needed in Kubuntu [...]
                    And you base that on... what, exactly?

Comment

Working...
                    X