Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Patches Land To Improve GNOME's Multi-Monitor Experience With High Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Patches Land To Improve GNOME's Multi-Monitor Experience With High Refresh

Phoronix: Import Patches Land To Improve GNOME's Multi-Monitor Experience With High Refresh Rates

If you have say a 144Hz gaming monitor as well as a conventional 60Hz secondary display or any other multi-monitor configuration with different refresh rates, there is now another reason to get excited for GNOME 3.38...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...onitor-Vary-Hz
    Last edited by tildearrow; 02 July 2020, 07:18 PM.

I can't think of the refresh rate whenever I hear "144Hz" anymore...

I end up thinking about.... yeah, you get the idea...
    Last edited by tildearrow; 02 July 2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I was reading this thinking woah, did they get this working on X11?? And then nope, it's Wayland only

BTW, not sure why but clicking the comments link from the article dropped me at the forum instead of the articles comment thread here for some reason..

Comment

Does it also work on 240Hz monitors?

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
          BTW, not sure why but clicking the comments link from the article dropped me at the forum instead of the articles comment thread here for some reason..
          Because Michael fixed a typo in the article title.
          I tried to fix it, but since they always like to write long titles, I hit the char limit and it is impossible to fix...

Comment

I'm a little confused, help me out here: I've got three monitors on my KDE Plasma desktop: 1080p@75 on the left, 1920x1200@60 in the middle and 4K@60 on the right- according to "glxgears" each display renders the gears at each display's refresh rate. Is this not the same thing, or is it different 'cause all three monitors are somewhat close?

Comment

Hell yes, so good to see multi monitor support get some love, especially with high refresh rates.

Comment

Does anyone know if KDE's kwin already supported mixed refresh rates correctly, or is this a bug exclusive to mutter?

Comment

Working...
                X