GNOME Shell's Icon Grid Could See Almost Double The Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
    The grid is so useless that it would be better removing it completely...
    I kind-of agree here. I never use it, I just press the Super key and type the name of the application. I think Gnome should assess the use for the Grid, re-think it and come up with something more powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      tildearrow There’s nothing to admit. Software Issues are just a fact of life. You don’t get to admit facts, you can either accept them or choose to be an idiot-in-denial.

Of course GNOME’s issues largely remain actionable because they got a reasonable sized team working on it. KDE? Just look at the recent KDEPIM meltdown, that’s a problem that can only be solved with rm. rm code, rm toxic people.
      Yeah, sure.

rm kde, rm *de rm qt, rm world.

no, it's not going to be like that. :l

Comment

tildearrow LoL, the paid openSUSE guys do a much more extensive testing on GNOME. That’s a request from SUSE who ships GNOME in their SUSE desktop version.
        Because nobody else is willing to test such a bad desktop?

Comment

tildearrow Don’t be silly. The big distributors all test their Default Desktop. GNOME gets plenty of testing. More would be helpful of course.

You know what is not properly tested? KDEPIM. It’s 2020 and KDE can’t do basic communication or mails in a reliable way. That’s something for you to accept (not admit).

Comment

tildearrow There’s nothing to admit. Software Issues are just a fact of life. You don’t get to admit facts, you can either accept them or choose to be an idiot-in-denial.

Of course GNOME’s issues largely remain actionable because they got a reasonable sized team working on it. KDE? Just look at the recent KDEPIM meltdown, that’s a problem that can only be solved with rm. rm code, rm toxic people.
            An unrelenting troll talking about toxic people...

Comment

JackLilhammers Have you read the multiple mailing lists? It’s really, really bad. It makes you better understand why people rage forked kwin as well.

Comment

tildearrow Don’t be silly. The big distributors all test their Default Desktop. GNOME gets plenty of testing. More would be helpful of course.

You know what is not properly tested? KDEPIM. It’s 2020 and KDE can’t do basic communication or mails in a reliable way. That’s something for you to accept (not admit).
                AKA trying to hurt and win with truth. Now let me tell you.

You know what is not properly tested? The usability of GNOME.
                It's 2020 and the entire UI feels wrong and not productive. That's something for you to accept (not admit).

Comment

tildearrow I have no problem accepting you got that opinion. Again, that’s just an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    You know what is not properly tested? The usability of GNOME.
                    It's 2020 and the entire UI feels wrong and not productive. That's something for you to accept (not admit).
                    Thats purely a question of taste, habits and what you are used to.
                    The only correct way to test a UI is to sit someone in front of it who never used a PC before because he is able to create a new opinion.
                    As wrong as KDE's stuck on Windows 7 UI feels, you are likely not able to see anything wrong with it while the world moved on, hell even Windows 10 is so much better UX wise than that Qt hell.

But I get you, fanboy got a strong opinion and that's to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                      I kind-of agree here. I never use it, I just press the Super key and type the name of the application. I think Gnome should assess the use for the Grid, re-think it and come up with something more powerful.
                      That's the thing I don't get about the complaints about the grid... because I've been using Gnome 3 pretty much since it came out, and I've almost never used that feature. Everything is so readily keyboard accessible, that if they completely replaced the grid with something different in the next release, I probably wouldn't notice.

Comment

Working...
                      X