Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Intel 4K + GNOME Optimization Yields 5% Faster Render Times, 10% Lower Power Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
    The fact that you don't use them doesn't mean that others don't, or don't want to.
    I didn't say otherwise. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
      Wtf. I haven't used desktop icons in like 10 years. Even on Windows.
      Me neither.

But your reply is the exact "head buried in the sand" principle I was talking about. The usual narrow-mindedness of some people... Since they don't use something, they assume no one does. It's really irritating.

Even though you and I don't use them, desktop icons need to be there as a config setting that any user should be able to enable in an easy-to-access settings menu. Every DE + Windows have them at arm's length. Gnome doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
        Me neither.

But your reply is the exact "head buried in the sand" principle I was talking about. The usual narrow-mindedness of some people... Since they don't use something, they assume no one does. It's really irritating.

Even though you and I don't use them, desktop icons need to be there as a config setting that any user should be able to enable in an easy-to-access settings menu. Every DE + Windows have them at arm's length. Gnome doesn't.
        Originally posted by fuzz View Post

I didn't say otherwise. Relax.

Comment

I always felt that the right approach for Linux would be to collaborate on making a DE framework (Kinda like what KDE is doing) that works on top of the same libraries and gets maintained and reviewed by all DE teams.

Then, with the common functionality lying in that framework, every team gets to build their preferred Gnome-like or Plasma-like or Windows-like UI on top of it.

It would probably alleviate not having enough people looking at a lot of the issues distributed among 2 to 3 different massive codebases.

Comment

Working...
          X