• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xeekei
    replied
    Originally posted by discordian View Post

Running Gnome VR?
    ​​
    No? But Windows UI looks smoother on my 144 Hz monitors than either Gnome or Plasma. Only the cursor seems to update with a higher framerate.

Leave a comment:

• Scellow
    replied
    Gnome is just like Windows, every new releases makes it even more crappy and buggy

Leave a comment:

• angrypie
    replied
    Originally posted by down1 View Post

Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a sample of graphics cards.
    ​​​
    Fucking Red Hat employs 95% of all GNOME developers, why don't they buy proper testing equipment for their employees?

Leave a comment:

• down1
    replied
    Originally posted by timrichardson View Post
    Just imagine if Daniel van Vugt had bought a 4K laptop two years ago instead of about a month ago.
    Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a sample of graphics cards.
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• angrypie
    replied
    From reading the discussion I see that only now they're thinking about regression testing. Wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• discordian
    replied
    Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    Is the UI rendering capped at 60 FPS? Because 60 is the new 30 these days.
    Running Gnome VR?
    ​​

Leave a comment:

• timrichardson
    replied
    Just imagine if Daniel van Vugt had bought a 4K laptop two years ago instead of about a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    Is the UI rendering capped at 60 FPS? Because 60 is the new 30 these days.

Leave a comment:

• down1
    replied
    Originally posted by intelfx View Post
    Okay, well, the shit is real. I've built Mutter / GS from gnome-3-36 branch and it works better than Windows 10 did on my X1C6 with 4K external display (esp. with multiple Firefox windows opened).
    About time GNOME wins at something.

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    Originally posted by kravemir View Post

Budgie is bugged, at least last time I tried it (half a year ago)... However, Budgie goes for more elegant simplistic design, than GNOME 3. So, if it wasn't bugged, I would have stayed with it.
    Don't feel like it's so buggy, a couple of things here and there but barely more than Gnome. Although we might have different workflows of course.

What I like is that you can configure it in several different ways to fit your workflow, because we all have a different one.

And opposite to Gnome who assumes you are a dumbwit and decides what's supposedly good for you, in Budgie you are empowered to decide on many things, they give you responsibility and it's up to you to adapt it to your workflow (in the limits of their small user base and developers that come with it).
    Also, you can decide where to put your applets on each panel, a very simple thing that should be default in Gnome. They acknowledge the variety of use cases and are flexible enough to offer a solution to a decent number of them, and that's a good thing in my books.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X