X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

This is sort of true though, since Windows XP and Windows 7 were faster back then.

(Windows XP is buggy though)
    More lightweight than Windows 10 for sure. I was avoiding switch from 7 for a long, but it's EOL so I didn't have a choice. However, there's just very few things I need it for and in not so distant future I'll remove it completely.
    Last edited by Volta; 13 June 2020, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 240Hz
    replied

Oops sorry I thought you were using another DE for a moment o-o
    How usable is the low latency patch with wayland? As far as I know it didnt support wayland before. I might build it myself instead.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by 240Hz View Post

I used KDE plasma X11 with low latency patch. There is no low latency patch on my distro for 5.19 for the time being.
    Oops sorry I thought you were using another DE for a moment o-o

Leave a comment:

• 240Hz
    replied

Full-time? What did you use before?
    I used KDE plasma X11 with low latency patch. There is no low latency patch on my distro for 5.19 for the time being.
    I might built it myself, how usable is the low latency patch with wayland?

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

There are people using Windows and being satisfied.

KDE unlike windows works well and provides a good user experience
    Last edited by 240Hz; 13 June 2020, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post

I think he just compared Windows to 2002 CPU which is quite valid comparison.
    This is sort of true though, since Windows XP and Windows 7 were faster back then.

(Windows XP is buggy though)

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

At one time when the average Joe bought their Vic 20, Tandy Color, ZX Spectrum etc a blinking cursor was all they had and no fancy GUI, I remember those days well.

Cue the four Yorkshiremen
    Those were the times.

Sadly, it's 2020 and Average Joe hasn't grown up in the 8-bit computer era anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied

Insert a horde of people complaining about Windows 10 slowing down as time passes.
    I think he just compared Windows to 2002 CPU which is quite valid comparison.

Leave a comment:

• mtk0
    replied
    it is the year 2020. i've been using unix since 1982. i've been using linux since the late 90's (daily). and i'm *still* waiting for a desktop environment that can save my open applications, their screen position and sizes, and their virtual root window placements as part of a persistent session. i'm old. and at this point i feel like i'm going to kick the bucket before this ever happens :-).

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied

Exactly! Average Joe refuses to touch the terminal.
    At one time when the average Joe bought their Vic 20, Tandy Color, ZX Spectrum etc a blinking cursor was all they had and no fancy GUI, I remember those days well.

Cue the four Yorkshiremen

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Why do you need the terminal? If you started Plasma already, Alt+Space->info and open Info Center. It will show you a lot more info
    Exactly! Average Joe refuses to touch the terminal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X