KDE On Wayland Finally Supports Middle-Click Paste With Plasma 5.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
    Please tell me the "middle click paste" can be disabled in the options. It's one of the reasons I don't use linux was that I couldn't under X11.
    There is no enforced MMB paste on Xorg with Plasma if you turn it off in Klipper. I think it's ignored then in most Qt/GTK UIs or in case of e.g. Firefox, you might additionally turn it off in the application itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
      Please tell me the "middle click paste" can be disabled in the options. It's one of the reasons I don't use linux was that I couldn't under X11.
      Why you want to disable the greatest invention since sliced bread is beyond my comprehension.

And since you don't use Linux, why would you care?
      Last edited by M@GOid; 06 June 2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Wayland, the biggest unanimously acclaimed fail of the open source. More than ten years later and still in early alpha stage with super basic features hard to implement.
        I am really wondering if it shouldn't be thrown away and if we should just go with a clean x12 instead of this impossible to develop "thing".
        Last edited by rmfx; 06 June 2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
          I tried with 5.17, and now running 5.18. I also have an Intel iGPU, in case that makes s difference?
          Maybe. I have an AMD GPU (with Mesa drivers). Normally, unlike Nvidia, AMD works great with Mesa, but not always as good as Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Why you want to disable the greatest invention since sliced bread is beyond my compression.
            I'm a full-time Linux user and have been for years, but middle-click paste is one of the most annoying features ever IMHO.

Comment

I've always thought it would be great if Okular gradually became a PDF editor equal to nitroPDF.
              In gnu/linux we lack a powerful editor like acrobat, nitroPDF, MasterPDF etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
                I am really wondering if it shouldn't be thrown away and if we should just go with a clean x12 instead of this impossible to develop "thing".
                This is what it looks like when you redo something huge and important from scratch, so you're in fact already familiar with what the process of developing "X12" would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Maybe in that case, middle clicked to scroll can be made to work in Firefox, as it does on Windows.
                  you can already make firefox use middle click for scroll since...well i don't know...i use it since 2-3 years.
                  just search a bit. its a preference file. probably now it can be use also from about:config

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    Maybe in that case, middle clicked to scroll can be made to work in Firefox, as it does on Windows.
                    Autoscroll on Linux has been a thing since... 2005. And `middlemouse.paste` has existed since 2000 or earlier.
                    Last edited by johnp117; 06 June 2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I'm a full-time Linux user and have been for years, but middle-click paste is one of the most annoying features ever IMHO.
                      Middle click paste gives you copy & paste capability without having to do the copy (Ctrl+C), it is incredibly flexible and fast. You don't even need the keyboard, you can do everything by mouse.
                      Plus, it is separate from regular cut & paste, so on Linux, you essentially have two clipboards, without having to use clipboard manager to switch the clipboard contents.

Even if you do not use it, believe me that many other people do.

Comment

Working...
                      X