KDE On Wayland Finally Supports Middle-Click Paste With Plasma 5.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    middle-click paste is one of the most annoying features ever IMHO.
    Why? Do you inadvertently middle click? That's difficult to do on most two button + clickable scroll wheel mice I've used.

Comment

This, and the touchpad speed settings were 2 of the very few problems I had with KDE+Wayland. Very good day to see those both resolved.

As for finding middle-click paste, how? Linux doesn't support autoscroll by default, so what other behavior would you rather it have? It's not like middle-clicking is easy to accidentally do.
      Back when I first used Linux around 13 years ago, Windows is all I really ever knew. Within a few days of using Linux and I felt middle-click paste to be a superior function.
      Last edited by schmidtbag; 06 June 2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

obedlink - "In gnu/linux we lack a powerful editor like acrobat, nitroPDF, MasterPDF etc.". We do have MasterPDF Editor for GNU/Linux, and now there's a serious new competitor in town - Foxit PhantomPDF Online is working in any major browser, and is free through the end of September.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          This, and the touchpad speed settings were 2 of the very few problems I had with KDE+Wayland. Very good day to see those both resolved.

As for finding middle-click paste, how? Linux doesn't support autoscroll by default, so what other behavior would you rather it have? It's not like middle-clicking is easy to accidentally do.
          Back when I first used Linux around 13 years ago, Windows is all I really ever knew. Within a few days of using Linux and I felt middle-click paste to be a superior function.
          And don't forget changing volume with the scroll wheel. That and the middle click paste is 2 thing I miss the most using any Windows version.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Why? Do you inadvertently middle click? That's difficult to do on most two button + clickable scroll wheel mice I've used.
            On my favorite mouse, using the scroll wheel extensively results in unwanted middle clicks. Although Gnome Tweaks has an option to disable it (not sure if it actually works), that doesn't have any effect in QT Creator, so there it is super super annoying, as suddenly you get the most strange compilation errors in code that you haven't intentionally changed. And you are kind of lucky if you get a compilation error. My solution was to use an USB trackball on a desktop instead of the mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
              Plasma wayland supported different resolutions at different DPI's for quite a while now. You have to specify your own zoom-level per screen, and it works very well for wayland-aware apps. X11 apps unfortunately can't change their DPI, so you will get it blurry on any monitor that isn't set to "100%". But it works, and it works well.
              I was just waiting for middle-click paste and screen recording, which both seem to come in 5.20! Yay!
              Any way you can do this with X11? That's the most annoying stuff right now for me.

Comment

Originally posted by indepe View Post
                On my favorite mouse, using the scroll wheel extensively results in unwanted middle clicks.
                In other words, your favorite mouse is broken/poorly designed or you're in a bad habit of pressing too hard while scrolling. None of those are software/KDE issues.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

In other words, your favorite mouse is broken/poorly designed or you're in a bad habit of pressing too hard while scrolling. None of those are software/KDE issues.
                  I was gonna say: when your buttons click by accident, they're practically crying for a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
                    Wayland, the biggest unanimously acclaimed fail of the open source. More than ten years later and still in early alpha stage with super basic features hard to implement.
                    I am really wondering if it shouldn't be thrown away and if we should just go with a clean x12 instead of this impossible to develop "thing".
                    Some pretty low grade trolling there

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
                      If this continues same way, Plasma 5 gonna be the next KDE 3.5...
                      And what was the deal with KDE 3.5?

Comment

Working...
                      X