KDE On Wayland Finally Supports Middle-Click Paste With Plasma 5.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE On Wayland Finally Supports Middle-Click Paste With Plasma 5.20

Phoronix: KDE On Wayland Finally Supports Middle-Click Paste With Plasma 5.20

It's another busy week in the KDE land from their Wayland session finally supporting middle-click paste to Konsole now able to display image thumbnail previews when hovering over filenames with this KDE terminal emulator...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ally-M-C-Paste

If this continues same way, Plasma 5 gonna be the next KDE 3.5...

Comment

That balance option for audio devices looks awesome, thanks for the great work!

Comment

Oh thank you guys. That is the one most annoying thing using KDE on Wayland. Is like I regressed to Windows...

One can dream that they will back port this to Plasma 5.18 LTS ...

Comment

Please tell me the "middle click paste" can be disabled in the options. It's one of the reasons I don't use linux was that I couldn't under X11.

Comment

My main question for Plasma Wayland is still: can I use it with multiple monitors of different resolutions? If no, then I can't use it on my main system. (at least, as long as my projector is not upgraded to UHD)

Comment

Plasma wayland supported different resolutions at different DPI's for quite a while now. You have to specify your own zoom-level per screen, and it works very well for wayland-aware apps. X11 apps unfortunately can't change their DPI, so you will get it blurry on any monitor that isn't set to "100%". But it works, and it works well.
              I was just waiting for middle-click paste and screen recording, which both seem to come in 5.20! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                Plasma wayland supported different resolutions at different DPI's for quite a while now. You have to specify your own zoom-level per screen, and it works very well for wayland-aware apps. X11 apps unfortunately can't change their DPI, so you will get it blurry on any monitor that isn't set to "100%". But it works, and it works well.
                I was just waiting for middle-click paste and screen recording, which both seem to come in 5.20! Yay!
                Last time I tried (3 months ago), even with one single DPI setting, it didn't work and it was so slow that I just couldn't do anything, but maybe I just did no configured it correctly.
                I will spend more time trying on 5.20.

Comment

I tried with 5.17, and now running 5.18. I also have an Intel iGPU, in case that makes s difference?

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
                    Please tell me the "middle click paste" can be disabled in the options. It's one of the reasons I don't use linux was that I couldn't under X11.
                    Maybe in that case, middle clicked to scroll can be made to work in Firefox, as it does on Windows.

Comment

Working...
                    X