Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment 0.24 Released

Phoronix: Enlightenment 0.24 Released

Carsten Haitzler has released Enlightenment 0.24 as the latest significant update to this X11 window manager and Wayland compositor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I thought Enlightenment was more than just a window manager?

Also why are they still using that terrible font anti-aliasing scheme in 2020? At least lower the hinting a bit (it is too high that it looks like no anti-alias at all) and use RGB sub-pixel anti-aliasing!
    Last edited by tildearrow; 17 May 2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Also why are they still using that terrible font anti-aliasing scheme in 2020? At least lower the hinting a bit (it is too high that it looks like no anti-alias at all) and use RGB sub-pixel anti-aliasing!
      It hurt my eyes just looking at that picture, not a hyperbole. I had to look away.

Comment

Does anybody know what Enlightenment Windows compatibility is like? I was considering it for a multi-platform project but I ended up using FLTK, because it was clear it worked on both Linux and Windows whereas the information about Enlightenment was pretty shady...

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

It hurt my eyes just looking at that picture, not a hyperbole. I had to look away.
          I had to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon, that's how bad it was.

Actually I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Looks completely normal to me.

Comment

Rumour has it they're expecting their first user any moment now...

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTurdeau View Post
              Rumour has it they're expecting their first user any moment now...
              Great trolling!
              In case anyone takes your comment seriously, there's a whole Linux distro based on Enlightenment:
              Bodhi, a lightweight Linux distro featuring: Fast, fully customisable Moksha Desktop; 64-bit & 32-bit Non-PAE support; Built on top of Ubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                Actually I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Looks completely normal to me.
                Text not smooth, it look bad.

Also my real-life experience with Enlightenment, text looks horrible, like if it was in a (real) console.

You can see more screenshots of similar text here (it's Bodhi Linux, but it's the same eye-damaging text) https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20180924#bodhi
                Last edited by starshipeleven; 17 May 2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eltomito View Post
                  there's a whole Linux distro based on Enlightenment:
                  Bodhi, a lightweight Linux distro featuring: Fast, fully customisable Moksha Desktop; 64-bit & 32-bit Non-PAE support; Built on top of Ubuntu
                  Achktually....
                  Bodhi Linux is using a hard fork of Enlightenment E17 release (from 2012) they call Moksha. Similar situation to Linux Mint and Cinnamnon vs GNOME 3.

What they have to say on why the hard fork is... enlightening http://www.bodhilinux.com/2015/04/28...oksha-desktop/

Comment

I would like to know more about it but the website is really out of date like crazy.
                    Last edited by rmfx; 17 May 2020, 09:12 PM. Reason: miss precision

Comment

Working...
                    X