No announcement yet.

KDE Developers Are Busy Polishing Plasma 5.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am waiting for you to arrive on my Tumbleweed, Plasma is always more fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      I guess the "standard desktop" guy is busy tucking his stuff?
      You like war, don't you?

Comment

KDE Plasma is for people who just want a nice looking functional desktop similar to Windows but nothing hidden or off-limits in tweaking department.
        GNOME is for people who for some reason or another think tabletized touch screen looking desktops is better....

War Started!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick
          GNOME is for people who for some reason or another think tabletized touch screen looking desktops is better....

War Started!
          No, no war. As a Gnome user, I agree with you. That’s exactly what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            KDE Plasma is for people who just want a nice looking functional desktop similar to Windows but nothing hidden or off-limits in tweaking department.

War Started!
            Ironically, I think GNOME has problems to work properly on its intended target, a touchscreen.
            Purism is fixing this though.

Comment

Two YouTube reviews of the beta version. Looks exciting. Both reviewers do not realize that now Plasma has very many "themes" that change everything. Cinnamon has extensions also that imitate Plasma properties.

> "Plasma 5.19 Beta on KDE neon", May 14, 2020, by "Popescu Sorin".

> "KDE Plasma 5.19 Beta Tour", May 15, 2020, by "Primal Penguin"
              > A quick look at the new KDE Plasma 5.19 beta through the latest KDE Neon ISO release.
              > Visual improvements adding consistency across the board with re-designed panel popups, notifications and widgets are brought within the new release along with plenty of bug fixes. > One of the long-awaited bug fixes were forgotten to be mentioned in the video, that being a multitude of bugs related to samba sharing that have been fixed.
              Last edited by gregzeng; 17 May 2020, 03:36 AM.

Comment

War Started!
                More oil to the fire:
                Gnome is like those mobile apps with very basic interface with 3 buttons and without any real functionality.

Comment

Colored Konsole tabs can be very useful. Redesigned widgets can also be nice, but I need to see them first. gg

Comment

So much blasphemy and 144Hz is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps covid19 is deadly after all?

Comment

War Started!
                      What I still don't get is why some people think KDE has too many settings for Windows users, even though Windows has tons of settings as well, so those users are already accustomed to having many settings...

Comment

Working...
                      X