X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citan
    replied
    Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
    Incredible! The weekly improvements for KDE are more than an entire gnome major version release changelog
    I'm not sure there is any way to find that comment constructive... *sigh*

Anyways, gg KDE devs. Some of the changes should be real quality of life (*eyeballing the "folder size on the fly" one *).

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    I've got a pet peeve with both Nautilus and Dolphin: LEAVE A SPACE INBETWEEN THINGS SO I CAN RIGHT CLICK AND CREATE A FOLDER/FILE OR OPEN A TERMINAL WINDOW AT THAT LOCATION

It's so annoying.
    Dolphin 15.12.3 (as included in Kubuntu 16.04 LTS) includes "Create New" in the context menu no matter what you right-click in the icon/list/tree view. Has that changed?

(NOTE: I'm not familiar with any warts in the implementation. I use PCManFM in my KDE desktop, where I right-click a column other than "Name" in the Details view mode to get the same effect.)
    Last edited by ssokolow; 12 May 2020, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• reba
    replied
    LEAVE A SPACE INBETWEEN THINGS SO I CAN RIGHT CLICK AND CREATE A FOLDER/FILE
    F10

OPEN A TERMINAL WINDOW AT THAT LOCATION
    F4 (in window) / Shift+F4 (new window)

You'll have to reach for the keyboard anyways to enter the new directory's name / the commands.

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    I've got a pet peeve with both Nautilus and Dolphin: LEAVE A SPACE INBETWEEN THINGS SO I CAN RIGHT CLICK AND CREATE A FOLDER/FILE OR OPEN A TERMINAL WINDOW AT THAT LOCATION

It's so annoying.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    I'm very happy to see the subsurface issue being fixed now. Thanks a lot! This was one of the major issues I've had on Wayland.

Now let's get the copy & paste issues fixed with Firefox Wayland :-)

Leave a comment:

• ALRBP
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunderland93 View Post
    Finaly!!! I'll switch to Plasma Wayland on my Neon setup after release 5.19. Subsurface issue is the only thing that prevented doing it earlier.
    I'll switch to Plasma Wayland when it will be able to work with my 3x2160+1x1080 display setup (tried last month, unusable).

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    It's been another busy week for KDE developers even with everything happening globally around the coronavirus there are a lot of open-source desktop innovations continuing.
    Are you kidding? This lock down has been a productivity boost for me. Less distractions, no more wasted time commuting...
    I don't imagine I'm the only programmer that felt that way.

Leave a comment:

• kcrudup
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunderland93 View Post
    Subsurface issue is the only thing that prevented doing it earlier.
    Explain this "subsurface issue", please? Is this a Wayland thing?

Leave a comment:

• amehaye
    replied
    GNOME and KDE fans arguing who's desktop is better:

Leave a comment:

• Rauros
    replied
    Originally posted by prec View Post
    @240Hz

And in Firefox, File upload, you can see a thumbnail preview too.
    This is solved for a long time and people still bring it up like nothing has changed.

Also, there are a lot of bugfixes listed in Nate's Blog
    I know, i appreciate bugfixes and i wasn't trying to inflame the discussion. However, i been using both KDE and Gnome for a long time, and KDE when it comes to bugs has always been a problem.
    Yes, there are a lot of bugfixes, but every new release of KDE brings its new bugs. And a lot of times those bugs make Plasma unusable. So whenever i see that new redesign of something or new functionality i wonder, really? Like there are all these bugs yet developers decided to focus on redesigning stuff huh.
    I hope i am not the only person that came across these bugs that make you reset KDE profile because it is the only fix that is recommended. Or bugs that when you search for it you see that some developer from KDE writes in 2011 in forums that say that bug has been fixed. Or notices that x11 implementation of Kwin is shitty, so you have to use Kwin_lowlatency, which it borks a lot of time as well, not the mention Wayland implementation of Kwin.
    I don't want to compare with Gnome but the only time you get to see breakage in Gnome is when there is a new version of Gnome and it is likely that it will break a couple of your extension. And that is even acceptable because extensions are not supported officially.

And yes having bugs in every minor to major release because you decided to spend less time reviewing code than implementing it and not being able to or want to implement a feature is two different things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X