KDE KWin Finally Sees An Important Fix For Addressing Visual Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE KWin Finally Sees An Important Fix For Addressing Visual Glitches

Phoronix: KDE KWin Finally Sees An Important Fix For Addressing Visual Glitches

It's been another busy week for KDE developers even with everything happening globally around the coronavirus there are a lot of open-source desktop innovations continuing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finaly!!! I'll switch to Plasma Wayland on my Neon setup after release 5.19. Subsurface issue is the only thing that prevented doing it earlier.

Comment

Incredible! The weekly improvements for KDE are more than an entire gnome major version release changelog

Comment

Can't wait to try again the wayland session! Maybe it's finally good enough to switch

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
          Incredible! The weekly improvements for KDE are more than an entire gnome major version release changelog
          That is so very true. I can confirm the icon invisible bug in the systray. Subsurface clean up sounds neat as well. Looking forward to the next release !
          I have been a long time Mate user. Plasma desktop is probably the best thing to have happened to the Linux desktop in the last decade. (This is not to undermine any other developers. I very much appreciate their efforts to and variety and competition are healthy

Comment

on-disk folder dizes
            at least 5 characters

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

at least 5 characters
              Wait, you aren't dicing your folders?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderland93 View Post
                Finaly!!! I'll switch to Plasma Wayland on my Neon setup after release 5.19. Subsurface issue is the only thing that prevented doing it earlier.
                I recently had a few days of wayland bliss before glitches had me back in X11 (it was glitches in X11 that made me go to wayland - go figure!) - It's definitely needing more work, but getting better every release!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderland93 View Post
                  lucky i continue to have some freeze with my t450 under wayland

Comment

Originally posted by Rauros

Sure. If Gnome team were to redesign some part of settings page over and over every other week or if Gnome team were to comprise of developers, who are working on it only as a hobby project, were to focus more on creating new functionalities, which causes piles of bugs that are not fixed over the years, that seems to be more important than fixing bugs, they could have caught up the release changelog of KDE.
                    Lol
                    Sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X