KDE KWin Finally Sees An Important Fix For Addressing Visual Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    I've got a pet peeve with both Nautilus and Dolphin: LEAVE A SPACE INBETWEEN THINGS SO I CAN RIGHT CLICK AND CREATE A FOLDER/FILE OR OPEN A TERMINAL WINDOW AT THAT LOCATION

It's so annoying.
    Dolphin 15.12.3 (as included in Kubuntu 16.04 LTS) includes "Create New" in the context menu no matter what you right-click in the icon/list/tree view. Has that changed?

(NOTE: I'm not familiar with any warts in the implementation. I use PCManFM in my KDE desktop, where I right-click a column other than "Name" in the Details view mode to get the same effect.)
    Last edited by ssokolow; 12 May 2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
      Incredible! The weekly improvements for KDE are more than an entire gnome major version release changelog
      I'm not sure there is any way to find that comment constructive... *sigh*

Anyways, gg KDE devs. Some of the changes should be real quality of life (*eyeballing the "folder size on the fly" one *).

Comment

I've got a pet peeve with both Nautilus and Dolphin: LEAVE A SPACE INBETWEEN THINGS SO I CAN RIGHT CLICK AND CREATE A FOLDER/FILE OR OPEN A TERMINAL WINDOW AT THAT LOCATION

It's so annoying.
        I'll +10 that. Scratch that, +1000.
        WHoever decided the current behaviour was ergonomically acceptable forgot to put brain on that day...

Comment

Originally posted by Citan View Post
          I'll +10 that. Scratch that, +1000.
          WHoever decided the current behaviour was ergonomically acceptable forgot to put brain on that day...
          I understand neither of you two.

Everything in this windw, which is not blue but has the white backgorund color, can be clicked to open the context menu:

Just don't click on a file (which would open the file's actions) but click where there's no file (so it opens the context options for this folder, which is also, "Create New >" to create a folder of file, which is what I think you're looking for)

Honestly I am not sure I understand what your actual problem seems to be?

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

I understand neither of you two.

Everything in this windw, which is not blue but has the white backgorund color, can be clicked to open the context menu:

Honestly I am not sure I understand what your actual problem seems to be?
            What sick and twisted person uses that view? Detailed or Tiled are the only logical lists

Comment

What sick and twisted person uses that view? Detailed or Tiled are the only logical lists
              I used to use it before I switched to Detailed. It gives you increased information density with less willingness to ellipsize filenames.

Comment

As you cannot adhere to a minimal cultural standard of communications, I added you to my ignore list. Good bye.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

I used to use it before I switched to Detailed. It gives you increased information density with less willingness to ellipsize filenames.
                  Exactly, it's a very compact view with untruncated information.
                  The Detailed list is too long and involves too much scrolling/paging in my usual workflow for my taste.
                  Of course I switch views when the need arises (Tiles when sorting images, Detailed when more information is needed at a glance)

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

Exactly, it's a very compact view with untruncated information.
                    The Detailed list is too long and involves too much scrolling/paging in my usual workflow for my taste.
                    Of course I switch views when the need arises (Tiles when sorting images, Detailed when more information is needed at a glance)
                    Not entirely un-truncated. Most Compact views will ellipsize if you have filename lengths that vary too wildly. (eg. One 200-character filename every column or two among a bunch of filenames with lengths below 50 characters long.)

Comment

Detailed view is superior unless looking for images, in which case, tiled or large icons are better.

Also, this is hilarious, I was clearly being hyperbolic and someone blocks me, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X