No announcement yet.

Krita 4.3 Enters Beta For This Leading Open-Source Digital Painting Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 4.3 Enters Beta For This Leading Open-Source Digital Painting Application

Phoronix: Krita 4.3 Enters Beta For This Leading Open-Source Digital Painting Application

The first beta of Krita 4.3 is now available for this advanced open-source digital painting software package. Krita 4.3 has been baking for about one year so there is a lot in store...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I used Krita on Fedora to edit some images about a year ago. Quite good, but it would randomly crash on larger images. In general it seemed easier than Gimp for what I needed. I'm hopeful that some of these applications can shore up their quality so that Linux/open source can be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ajboyle View Post
      I used Krita on Fedora to edit some images about a year ago. Quite good, but it would randomly crash on larger images. In general it seemed easier than Gimp for what I needed. I'm hopeful that some of these applications can shore up their quality so that Linux/open source can be taken seriously.
      Its quality has improved, there are some excellent samples:
      https://krita.org/en/item/interview-...hilipp-urlich/
      Last edited by Nth_man; 04 May 2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Gimp were crashing too? Do you know it's Open Source?

Comment

Its quality has improved, there are some excellent samples:
          https://krita.org/en/item/interview-...hilipp-urlich/
          Stunning!

FTA:
          Stability. There’s some parts where Krita crashes sometimes when it comes to vector tools. Though it’s not its main focus, it’s still annoying when you want to experiment with things and it won’t let you.
          I was using a vector tool when it crashed as well. Hopefully that's been addressed in the latest release. Truly the Krita developers have created something very special...I want them to succeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Gimp were crashing too? Do you know it's Open Source?
            Gimp wasn't crashing, but what I needed to do was just much easier with Krita...except for the crashiness.

Comment

They are taken seriously, as a painting tool, they were the first software for painting to support HDR from visualization to edition, not sure but I believe they still are the unique painting tool to offer this, they have a lot of unique characteristics and ways of doing things very handy for painting.

Comment

Working...
              X