GNOME 3.37.1 Released As The First Step Towards GNOME 3.38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i wait for other features like: Freesync support in all apps and all cases. and VR support.
    are you sure to write in a gnome topic? remember you need save space for not touching your feelings.
    Freesync support would be good because it can be used to downclock the screen in laptops and save battery...
    However, I'd trade that for high performance remote desktop.

I am starting to really look forward to Gnome withour X11. Is that the goal for 4.0?

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
      I am sorry, but your just listed your personal wishes (starring folders, wat?)
      While I don't use starred, I can see that being very handy for those that do. If it doesn't work appropriately then one can reason that it should be rather high up there on the list of things to do since its a function of Gnome. Wouldn't call that a personal wish there to have it working properly as it should be a given.

Comment

Orca screen reader... I've used it to test my blog engine that is under development even though I decided to take a week-long break.

One thing I've had problems is:

* If I start Firefox, then launch Orca, Orca cannot interact with Firefox. Neither the GNOME magnifier which has support for insertion point tracking.
        * If I start Orca, then launch Firefox, Both Orca and GNOME magnifier can interact with Firefox. I guess the GNOME Magnifier does not tell Firefox that accessibility feature is activated.

Shortcuts for Orca and GNOME Magnifier:

Screen reader on/off: Super+Alt+S
        Magnifier on/off: Super+Alt+8
        Magnifier - zoom in: Super+Alt+=
        Magnifier - zoom out: Super+Alt+-

For those who are new to Linux and came from Windows, the "Super" key is your Windows key.
        For those who came use a Mac keyboard/MacBook, the "Super" key is your "command" key right next to "option" key and before spacebar.

Comment

It's time to abandon Gnome to its fate. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
            It's time to abandon Gnome to its fate. R.I.P.
            It's fate of being the default and most widely used desktop on Linux? That's something that many would love to be "abandoned" to.

Comment

Gedit has dropped X11 workspace awareness due to workspaces not being supported on Wayland
              I've never followed Wayland developments closely (long time XFCE user), but it's now slowly becoming one of my interersts (dreaming of a switch to something else with Wayland support).

What does that sentence exaclty mean? Is it "Wayland in general" not supporting workspaces or is it "Gedit on Wayland" not supporting them? Or, maybe, "Gnome on Wayland"?
              Last edited by lucrus; 01 May 2020, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Debian Bullseye 3.36.1 Gnome Firefox does not have anymore "minimize" button. This is like what the heck??????????????????? Is Firefox or Gnome to be blamed of that? Or Debian? So god damn awful beyond words.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                  Debian Bullseye 3.36.1 Gnome Firefox does not have anymore "minimize" button. This is like what the heck??????????????????? Is Firefox or Gnome to be blamed of that? Or Debian? So god damn awful beyond words.
                  I'm not sure about this particular problem, but in general Debian testing isn't ... stable, even less when it comes to desktop features. The debian-user mailing list might be a better place to ask in this case.

Comment

The best mobile phone/tablet interface after ipadOS, iOS, android, windows mobile, tizen keeps getting better and better!

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                      Debian Bullseye 3.36.1 Gnome Firefox does not have anymore "minimize" button. T
                      Firefox properly follows GNOME standard in this case. Minimize button can be toggled via Tweaks -> Windows Titlebars.

Comment

Working...
                      X