Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GNOME Shell Calendar Will Stop Over-Consuming The CPU, Eating Up Battery Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or has it come to that even Michael casually winds up the users of this garbage (with the headlines like this)?

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post
      Is it me or has it come to that even Michael casually winds up the users of this garbage (with the headlines like this)?
      Never bite the hand that feeds you *OR* don't shit where you eat

Comment

I use GNOME Shell and find it one of the best made desktops, so we must be confusing different GNOME Shells here.

Comment

Weird, I never saw this on Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
            Weird, I never saw this on Ubuntu.
            Ubuntu corrects this bugs and then send to upstream, the difference of a desktop and gnome desktop

Comment

Five months? Maybe they use another calendar program.
              Last edited by Guest; 28 April 2020, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
                Five months? Maybe they use another calendar.
                Or maybe they don't use it at all, there is some stuff you gotta disable in desktops like GNOME and KDE for them to be as responsive as possible, one of them are the trackers, They make your system crawl for functionality where I prefer to just use a file manager. Most people that say aren't having performance issues on these desktops are using really powerful machines or disabling components in order to get better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                  Well, that happens if you happen to focus on brainfuck, python and such stuff instead of writing effective code with efficient tools.
                  Yeah, they should have used Haskell

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post

Yeah, they should have used Haskell
                    They should have had the foresight to use COBOL so we'd have enough programmers to fix the government.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

Ubuntu corrects this bugs and then send to upstream, the difference of a desktop and gnome desktop
                      Haven't seen it in Fedora 31 either. What is it with this forum that urges people to write the most arrogant answers without any fact checking?

Comment

Working...
                      X