No announcement yet.

Wine 5.7 Released With More Progress On D3D Vulkan Backend, USB Device Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.7 Released With More Progress On D3D Vulkan Backend, USB Device Driver

Phoronix: Wine 5.7 Released With More Progress On D3D Vulkan Backend, USB Device Driver

Wine 5.7 is out as the newest bi-weekly development release and it's a fun one with multiple interesting advancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This wine version needs new build dependency (Lubuntu 20.04 since around 3 months)

configure: libusb-1.0 32-bit development files not found (or too old), USB devices won't be supported.

libusb-1.0-0-dev:i386

D9VK still runs, in my case begins work risen 2 and literally crush wined3d:

this game have low fps still using my actual i3 at 5.0ghz (use two cores at 99%), normally fall around 40fps but now runs at 75fps with vsync using all cores around 50%

Last edited by pinguinpc; 24 April 2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I'm a bit confused. Right now, we can install d9vk and dxvk with Winetricks. The aim of this D3D Vulkan back end is to make them unnecessary? So wine will one day translate all DirectX calls to Vulkan natively?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepsz View Post
        I'm a bit confused. Right now, we can install d9vk and dxvk with Winetricks. The aim of this D3D Vulkan back end is to make them unnecessary? So wine will one day translate all DirectX calls to Vulkan natively?
        Correct, but it's still a very long way to go. Next year may be.

Comment

What's the meaning of "USB Device Driver"?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepsz View Post
            Yes. The Wine dev team is doing all of the work DXVK and D9VK have done over again... "Wine style". So in around 5-6 years or so, the performance probably will be up to par with DXVK.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybmax View Post

Yes. The Wine dev team is doing all of the work DXVK and D9VK have done over again... "Wine style". So in around 5-6 years or so, the performance probably will be up to par with DXVK.
              Probably runs worst than DXVK when stay ready and most important detail: time needed for resolve bugs

Comment

Working...
              X