WebGPU Support Begins Coming Together In Firefox Nightly Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Well, Wayland is just the future. Why wouldn't you want to use Wayland?
    Actually, I'm using it right now :-)

But I'm aware that it is not a option for everybody, since several programs are not Wayland compatible yet. And if we are being honest, there is a lot of people that don't give a crap for bleeding edge software, and just want a stable environment for doing their work or leisure.

So unfortunately, we are not getting hid of X.org for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

There's active work to bring these same improvements to XOrg, the first step (supporting desktop OGL on EGL builds) was recently merged.

You can follow https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1580166 for more details as things come along.
      That is good news indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Actually, I'm using it right now :-)

But I'm aware that it is not a option for everybody, since several programs are not Wayland compatible yet. And if we are being honest, there is a lot of people that don't give a crap for bleeding edge software, and just want a stable environment for doing their work or leisure.

So unfortunately, we are not getting hid of X.org for years to come.
        You're conveniently side-stepping the point that X apps will continue to run under Xwayland.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

You're conveniently side-stepping the point that X apps will continue to run under Xwayland.
          Theoretically you will use Wayland and any application not ported to it will work on Xwayland. But in reality that is not always true. I personally had stumbled upon a couple ones that refused to launch under a Wayland session.

There are lots of reasons Canonical choose not to make Wayland the default yet, and is not only the Nvidia driver shenanigans.

Comment

Theoretically you will use Wayland and any application not ported to it will work on Xwayland. But in reality that is not always true. I personally had stumbled upon a couple ones that refused to launch under a Wayland session.
            Please provide examples.

There are lots of reasons Canonical choose not to make Wayland the default yet, and is not only the Nvidia driver shenanigans.
            Please provide examples.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Please provide examples.

Please provide examples.
              In the past I would care about providing answers for people like you, but I'm tired of that. For every thing I say you will try to disprove it because "I have a discussion to win".

So get a life kid, nobody cares about what you think.

Comment

In the past I would care about providing answers for people like you, but I'm tired of that. For every thing I say you will try to disprove it because "I have a discussion to win".

So get a life kid, nobody cares about what you think.
                Hahahahahaha! Sounds like you've got *nothing*, buddy. And you think *I* should get a life? Hahahahahaha. Whatever, freak.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                  Tried the latest nightly today myself. It is simply awesome. It is fast, stable, and fully hardware accelerated! This is becoming a huge selling point for Wayland. If you are on GNOME and Wayland, Firefox is simply better than Chrome now.
                  Any chance someone will implement WaylandX so I can have va-api, be able to use dwm and use obs-studio at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                  X