Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.0 Will Prefer Building Its Rendering Code With LLVM's Clang Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Never had that problem, use it weekly on MX. Are you trying to use it on a distro like Ubuntu or Fedora? Those aren't really set up well for office app use.
    Yes, they are.
    I've been presenting with Impress either at student level (OOo) or at professional level (LO) as late as a couple of months ago on Ubuntu. I didn't have any slide transitions or other issue at all. It usually works very smoothly. And my slide are slick, with some effects, delays and stuff you need to call for a slight dramatic effect.
    Actually, when I'm allowed to by company policies, I use Impress over PowerPoint (which I've also used in both context) any day. Much more intuitive.
    Last edited by Mez'; 21 April 2020, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Google isn't a monolith. You may be looking at the divide between different groups of developers.
      True, but a bit more consistency wouldn't hurt here.

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Who owns and controls Linux?
      Of course it is up to the projects themselves to decide which compiler they want to support as the profits from compiler diversity come at a cost. But if they want to spread the usage of some of their core components elsewhere it would be handy if they did support both GCC and Clang. On the other hand one could argue that it is up to the projects which want to incorporate these pieces to do their due diligance and deal with the fallout and there is also some merit to this thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
        Great. Maybe now LibreOffice Impress will be able to do slides transitions on linux without crashing.
        I tried to use Impress presentation a few years ago and it was incredibly slow. Since then, I export my slides to PDF and present them as PDF.

Don't know what is the status of Impress today, but I'm pleased enough with PDF.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Never had that problem, use it weekly on MX. Are you trying to use it on a distro like Ubuntu or Fedora? Those aren't really set up well for office app use.
          any chance you could post a video of that?

Comment

Working...
          X