Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inkscape 1.0 Release Candidate Emerges For This Excellent Vector Graphics Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AH88
    replied
    Originally posted by q2dg View Post
    Animated SVG are still waiting. Why is so hard if Synfig can do it?
    1. You get what you pay for
    2. It's free

How about getting out your wallet or rolling up your sleeves?
    Last edited by AH88; 13 April 2020, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
    I think they should have targeted GTK4.
    GTK3 is at its end of life.
    As long Inkscape development team follows that guideline to avoid depreciated codes, they will be fine using GTK3 until the time of migration to GTK4.

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    Happy to see this. I use Inkscape all the time because I refuse to pay a fortune for Adobe and their "Creative Cloud" nonsense; or rather, my at-the-time boss told me to use it, but then expected me to buy it myself. The only thing I wish it could do (and this is a very minor thing) is export as TIFF as well as PNG. As it is, I have to export as PNG, then TIFF it via Irfanview or similar Linux equivalent.

Leave a comment:

• Brane215
    replied
    I think they should have targeted GTK4.
    GTK3 is at its end of life.

Leave a comment:

• mppix
    replied
    Originally posted by Girolamo_Cavazzoni View Post

After a day of binge-watching Inkscape tutorials and fiddling around myself I've been quite confident to have mastered its basics. I think it's way more intuitive and logical than GIMP (given their different paradigms). Sadly Bézier curves make it crash way too often. Hope that improves in the future.
    I second that. For graphics, I choose Inkscape (and also Krita) anytime over Gimp.

Leave a comment:

• SpyroRyder
    replied
    Originally posted by oleid View Post
    But I completely forgot about Java, that still depends on gtk2 -.-
    It shouldn't anymore, theyve supported Gtk3 since Java9. if your distro is no opt depending on gtk2 then probably badger them about that

Leave a comment:

• Girolamo_Cavazzoni
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    I find inkscape as a powerful tool hidden behind an unintuitive interface. I hope to unlock more of it's potential as I use it more but sometimes I just export as png and finish up in gimp
    After a day of binge-watching Inkscape tutorials and fiddling around myself I've been quite confident to have mastered its basics. I think it's way more intuitive and logical than GIMP (given their different paradigms). Sadly Bézier curves make it crash way too often. Hope that improves in the future.

Leave a comment:

• waitman
    replied
    I've been running InkScape master on FreeBSD, it's pretty good. They didn't update to ImageMagick7 but the good news you can now optionally build against GraphicsMagick instead. InkScape was like the last program hung up on ImageMagick6.

Leave a comment:

• Viki Ai
    replied
    Originally posted by oleid View Post
    I'd guess that those apps will take less time to move to gtk4 than I took to move away from gtk2.

But I completely forgot about Java, that still depends on gtk2 -.-
    Luckily for me, at least, I don't depend on Java

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    I find inkscape as a powerful tool hidden behind an unintuitive interface. I hope to unlock more of it's potential as I use it more but sometimes I just export as png and finish up in gimp

Leave a comment:

Working...
X