Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inkscape 1.0 Release Candidate Emerges For This Excellent Vector Graphics Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkscape 1.0 Release Candidate Emerges For This Excellent Vector Graphics Editor

Phoronix: Inkscape 1.0 Release Candidate Emerges For This Excellent Vector Graphics Editor

The release candidate to the long-awaited Inkscape 1.0 emerged at the end of last week for this popular cross-platform SVG/vector graphics editor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This version also brings native Wayland support (due to GTK3), and migration to Python 3 (which should help deprecating Python 2 in some distros).

Comment

Awesome, unfrotunately the GTK2 user interface wasn't usable anymore on modern HiDPI displays.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Now only gimp needs finish migration to gtk3 and then gtk2 can be removed from by disk

Comment

Animated SVG are still waiting. Why is so hard if Synfig can do it?

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
            Animated SVG are still waiting. Why is so hard if Synfig can do it?
            Because you are not helping

Edit: Sorry for the blunt answer. The question just sounded too 'spoiled' to me. I guess the more elaborate answer is, that Inkscape for many years have had 1.0 as a milestone for full SVG 1.1 support and supposedly animations are not part of that standard. As for most open-source projects, the reason they are not moving faster is likely due to prioritization and lack of developer resources. However, I am sure they would welcome any help

Edit2: See Inkscapes own take on it: https://inkscape.org/learn/animation/
            Last edited by Veto; 13 April 2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
              Now only gimp needs finish migration to gtk3 and then gtk2 can be removed from by disk
              Then there will be gtk4 lol You really can' win on that one (maybe for a short time).

Comment

I'd guess that those apps will take less time to move to gtk4 than I took to move away from gtk2.

But I completely forgot about Java, that still depends on gtk2 -.-

Comment

I find inkscape as a powerful tool hidden behind an unintuitive interface. I hope to unlock more of it's potential as I use it more but sometimes I just export as png and finish up in gimp

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
                    I'd guess that those apps will take less time to move to gtk4 than I took to move away from gtk2.

But I completely forgot about Java, that still depends on gtk2 -.-
                    Luckily for me, at least, I don't depend on Java

Comment

Working...
                    X